Meal plan ideas....

Options
Give me some examples of what a day of YOUR eating would look like.
My biggest problem seems to be there's not enough variety in my diet so I lose interest in eating healthy :(
It seems like its always chicken, tuna, salad, veggies and eggs LOL
HELP!

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Here is a menu sample of ours:

Monday:
    B- Cereal
    L- Salad, Pesto noodles,
    D- Eggs benedict w/ avocado

Tuesday: 8th
    B- Oatmeal
    L- Veggie burrito
    D- Sweetish meatballs

Wednesday:
    B- Yogurt and fruit
    L- Chicken sand.
    D- Black bean soup

Thursday:
    B- Eggs sand English muffin
    L- Boca burger
    D- Pizza from papa murphy’s

Friday:
    B- Peanut butter and banana
    L- Macaroni and cheese
    D- Burrito’s

Saturday:
    B- Eggs and toast
    L- Sandwiches ( tofu turkey)
    D- Miso soup / Leftover freezer foods

Sunday:
    B- French toast
    L- Leftovers
    D- Tuna steak, quinoa and veggies

Snacks:
    Hummus and veggies
    Salad
    Applesauce
    Veggie cheese and crackers
    Goat cheese and crackers
  • AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i have only been doing this for about 2 weeks.. but i eat whatever i want.. 2 nights ago i had steak.. i had a smaller piece than i normally would and i added a healthier side.. so everyone had steak and baked potatoes i had a small piece of steak and a small potato and added chex mix traditional
  • mamato3babes
    Options
    Here is a menu sample of ours:

Monday:
    B- Cereal
    L- Salad, Pesto noodles,
    D- Eggs benedict w/ avocado

Tuesday: 8th
    B- Oatmeal
    L- Veggie burrito
    D- Sweetish meatballs

Wednesday:
    B- Yogurt and fruit
    L- Chicken sand.
    D- Black bean soup

Thursday:
    B- Eggs sand English muffin
    L- Boca burger
    D- Pizza from papa murphy’s

Friday:
    B- Peanut butter and banana
    L- Macaroni and cheese
    D- Burrito’s

Saturday:
    B- Eggs and toast
    L- Sandwiches ( tofu turkey)
    D- Miso soup / Leftover freezer foods

Sunday:
    B- French toast
    L- Leftovers
    D- Tuna steak, quinoa and veggies

Snacks:
    Hummus and veggies
    Salad
    Applesauce
    Veggie cheese and crackers
    Goat cheese and crackers

Thanks for the ideas :)
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Feel free to look at my dairy. Being single and living alone there is a lot of repetition only because I will cook for dinner then eat that for lunch. I do eat lots of fish because I love fish. Most days I have oatmeal when I arrive at work because it is convenient. 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 egg and 1 cup of boiling almond or hemp milk and throw it in a thermos and it's done when I get to work. Add some berries and your good to go.
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: (1 protein and 1 other) hard boiled eggs, aria women's protein powder, veggie sausage patties, 1/2 serving of various cereals (kashi go lean crunch), 1 serving old fashioned oatmeal, 1 mini bagel (100 cal) with cream cheese

Lunch: I am at work and I have to eat fast so it is either leftovers from dinner or a frozen lunch (Amy's, healthy choice or lean cuisine) with added fruit and veggies (baby carrots, spinach..) or soup

Dinner: is where I get my variety, pretty much whatever in smaller portions..
  • brandihutchinson
    Options
    Bump
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    75% of the time I have "cold" cereal (not oatmeal or farina but like Kix or lucky charms) for breakfast. I have eggs for lunch 75 to 85% of the time and I'll eat anything from pizza to breakfast foods for dinner. Nothing is off limits for that meal of the day! My snacks include Wasa crackers, cheese, cookies, and more cereal. I eat a lot of the same things but I'm never bored. I'm always under my 1500 calorie limit too! :-)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Protein: veggie "meat," like ground "beef" crumbles, soy bacon, veggie burgers (Especially Morningstar Farms brand); beans, fat free cottage cheese

If you are getting in a rut with veggies, try something new. Eggplant, winter squash, zucchini, portabello mushrooms. Anyone would get bored of salad mix, baby carrots, tomatoes (or whatever it is you usually get).

It is cheaper and more sustainable to buy produce that is in season, so that is a good way you can shake up your normal meals.

GL!