The McRib is back!

Options
And it could kill ya! :-P I'll be honest, even when I was eating whatever and back when I was eating meat I still never have had one of those... Check out what The Week says...
http://theweek.com/article/index/220866/whats-the-mcrib-made-of-anyway#.TrBBSxCjiWx.facebook
Have you ever had it before?

Replies

• kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    You couldn't pay me to eat a McRib. Those things are even more vile than "regular" fast food.
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I had one sometime last year. I didn't find it good at all. Yuck
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    Yeah, I never have and never will eat one of those. yuck!!!!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Nope never.. if I want BBQ I'll do it my damned self. Thats just gross.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    You couldn't pay me to eat a McRib. Those things are even more vile than "regular" fast food.

I was just reading an article about how many ingredients this "food" item has (I think almost 30 in the bun alone). It is made up of tripe and stomach parts, too. I am very, very ashamed to say that I had one within the last two years. Even then, after thinking I wanted it, it tasted gross to me. Blech! The seasonal hype is all marketing, not due to it being a yummy product.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just puked a little!!!!
  • rhinojoe
    Options
    I LOVE the McRib! And, yes, I know what they are made of. I don't care. I get mine with no pickles, and no onions. MMM, MMMM!
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Never had one.....Ewe...Although, a half slab of ribs from the patio in Bridgeview, IL sounds tasty and some salad on the side...
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Even if I wasn't watching what I was eating, I wouldn't eat one because it doesnt even look good to me
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    OMFG thats discusting.. I just read the ingredients.:noway:
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the McRib! And, yes, I know what they are made of. I don't care. I get mine with no pickles, and no onions. MMM, MMMM!
    I'm with ya! I used to LOVE these things. I am refraining from them this year...
  • pph79
    pph79 Posts: 78
    Options
    What's even more amusing is that most people when they read this kind of stuff think it's isolated to just the McRib or the certain item the article is talking about. Practically any fast food meat products you eat wouldn't be fit for your dog, let alone a human. Just sayin'.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Amen brotha'! I had me dos McRibs last weekend, no pickles, I do like the onions though, Fries and a large chocolate shake. McRib reminds me of the Simpons episode where Homer is chasing around the Krusty Burger version of McRib. LOL! I might go back and have some more McRib this weekend, OH YEAH!!!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I had one for the first time bout a week ago. Didn't like it @ all! But had to try it, a couple of ppl @ the gym were talkin bout it so I figured give it a try finally. Wont eat it again. Had no idea what was in it, prolly wouldn't have stopped me from tryin it thou.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've never even considered eating one in all my 26 years. Not even when I was a child could you have fooled me into eating one of these things. Maybe its cause I'm a spoiled farm kid, but I like my meat fresh and recognizable.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My son worked at McDonalds when he was in high school. He said that the "meat" for the McRib sat in a crock pot for DAYS and they would just serve it up out of that old greasy crock pot whenever there was an order.

UGHHH... I never eat at McDonalds due to the insider information I received from my son...
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    What's even more amusing is that most people when they read this kind of stuff think it's isolated to just the McRib or the certain item the article is talking about. Practically any fast food meat products you eat wouldn't be fit for your dog, let alone a human. Just sayin'.

No doubt! Think about it, any meat we eat is coming from some part of an animal be it the breast, stomach muscle, back muscle, leg muscle, organ meat, etc. It's all friggin' gross if you really think about it, but I luv me some meat so I don't think about it.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've had one a couple years ago, and soon after I found out its calorie count :noway: Never again!

That article definately cements my decision.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,617 Member
    Options
    Here we go! The overweight "health police" out in force. I've had McRibs every time they come out. I had one yesterday in fact with a medium fries for lunch....................and still came in deficit for the day. Eating one won't kill you. I love TRIPE and STOMACH. Glad they have this promotion every once in awhile so I can enjoy it.

Of course I like Filipino cusine so the McRib is tame compared to balut or dinuguan.

balut.jpg
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love mcdonalds (obviously :P ) but the mcrib is, so gross... I'll stick to "chicken" nuggets and fries!