The Ultimate Lunch Time Sandwich Box ???

Options
I like many here i bring a packed lunch to work everyday.

But recently since taking up weight Losing Programe for some reason what would of filled be before isnt enough?

I take lunch around 12.30 and must last me til around 6pm.

Currently have a Ham and cheese sandwich on Wholemeal bread. Also have an apple pear and/or 2 oranges too. Along with a bottle of water of course!

Any suggestions on something to eat around this time that will fill me up but not exceed around 500 - 600 Cals.

T H A N K S !!!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Salad or fruit with cottage cheese, nuts, whole-wheat crackers
    A bowl of oatmeal with fruit in it, carrots and hummus on the side

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/cheap_healthy_lunch_ideas_for_work?slide=1#leaderboardad

If you have time to cook the night before, these ideas are great! :D
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Where are the vegetables? They're high in fiber which helps you feel full longer.
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Why not add some raw veg as a mid afternoon snack?
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    If you have an afternoon break, bring a snack to have then, maybe some raw veggies or a yogurt?
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be a sandwich? I grill baramundi, tilapia, or salmon for nearly every lunch I pack, then cooked vegetables-lately it's honey gold potatoes, zuchinni, carrots, mushrooms, and/or broccoli. I try and split it between two small containers and then I've also been bringing a gala apple, and 5-6 clementines. It all fits in my lunchbox which isn't huge or anything and it's food that I don't mind eating cold if I can't get to a microwave, and best of all it's filling. Personally I'm not a big sandwich person. Or maybe just add more raw fruits and vegetables as someone else suggested.
  • jk_proonps3
    Options
    Where are the vegetables? They're high in fiber which helps you feel full longer.

Vegetables like in my sandwich?
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    You can bring some celery sticks, baby carrots, or dip some strips of bell pepper into hummus.

There are lots of veggies you can eat.

Do you have access to a microwave at lunch time? I find that i can eat anything I want for lunch. I just pack some leftovers from the night before into an insulated lunch bag and throw in an ice pack. Then, at work, I heat up my lunch and have at it.

You are not limited to sandwiches. They aren't bad, but they do get old after awhile.

I have been eating different variations of brown rice, or whole grain pasta. Those tend to keep me full when I throw in veggies and a protein.