Alternative Low Calorie/Fat Toppings for a Baked Potato

Options
I sometimes use a low-fat or fat free sour cream when at home. But what do you do when out and all they have for options are butter, regular sour cream, etc.... I've used low calorie, low fat dressings but those too are sometimes hard to find at restaurants....

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I use regular sour cream, just not much of it. That being said, fat is not somehting that I struggle with in my diary, I tend to be WAY under in my fat so I don't worry about fat, so long as I'm iin my calorie range
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Salsa
  • nursesamd
    Options
    avacado - high in fat, but the good kind!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Salsa
    Vinegar: malt, cider or rice
    Cheese: 1 T. grated cheddar or parmesan
    Steak sauce: Heinz 57 is good
    Tabasco sauce
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Ask them to bring the butter/sour cream on the side and just eat less of it.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt salsa
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it on a baked potato, but I LOVE Greek yogurt (plain) as a substitute for sour cream, I think it'd be worth a try, with some chives. :) I don't at all like Greek yogurt on a spoon, but it shines replacing sour cream in recipes, and I've done it up as "ranch dip" for veggies and chips and such.
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Fat free cottage cheese is quite good!
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i love yogurt on the potato plus it is healthier.
  • tigersmom75
    Options
    If I'm at home and can find my low sugar bbq sauce I LOVE that - at restaraunts I tend to stick with salsa - they usually have it and it's fat free, lower calories and has a little toward my veggies!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Ask them to bring the butter/sour cream on the side and just eat less of it.

What she said!!!
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Salsa
    Ditto to the Salsa comment. When I wanted to lose weight I used to make a baked potato and top it with a little cheese, non-fat yogurt, salsa and green onions. Funny, I was just thinking that I hadn't made one of those in a long time. Need to get going on that!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper.

Crazy notion, this.