How do you log healthier foods?

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm not "dieting" either. But if I don't log I probably wouldn't eat enough protein and I'd probably eat 3000-4000 calories.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Have a couple of bananas instead. It easier and better for you.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    One of the main points to this site is to log your food, to aid you in dieting...Im confused why you would use it even. Lol. Anyway, yea it knows the difference...You can log a McD's burger...Burger king...wendys...hardees...just about anywhere. It will more than likely have a homemade burger option, with or without bun, with or without cheese, lean meat or not, etc. The database is pretty amazing.

This. And why would you ask? Given that you don't log or diet.

^^ im confused xD if you don't log food... why ask how to log it? o.O
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Gentle reminder to please be respectful in all posts and responses :flowerforyou:

This should not turn into an argument over who logs what, or why.

With Respect,

_Sally_
    MFP Forum Moderator
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Gentle reminder to please be respectful in all posts and responses :flowerforyou:

This should not turn into an argument over who logs what, or why.

With Respect,

_Sally_
    MFP Forum Moderator

Thanks, Sally. But still, LOL, you gotta admit the "noun" - "verb" response lightened it up a bit. I'm still laughing at that one. I hate "verbing" but lately am trying to make my "noun" more healthful!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    For Clarity Sake....

Noun:

1.The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
    2.A legislative assembly in certain countries.

Verb:

Restrict oneself to small amounts or special kinds of food in order to lose weight: "it is difficult to diet in a house full of cupcakes".

I believe she means she does not VERB...because everyone has a NOUN :happy:

It's easy to try to be funny.
    Options
    I thought it was hilarious :D
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    r2rnzk.jpg
  • AZackery
    Options
    I went through a stage of not logging foods but I logged exercise. Have you ever logged your food?

No Ritajean3, I have never logged my food. Even prior to joining MFP, I've never logged my food.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of health sites and forums you can use that aren't entirely built and focused around logging your daily food intake. I don't think I'd find this site useful at all if I weren't using it for what the main intention was.

Besides, if you don't log, then I guess I don't understand why bother asking the question. If you are curious, a quick peek in the food database with the search word "hamburger" will show there are many many variations of the different types of hamburger choices to log in the diary.
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ok. Now I am really confused. Why is everyone talking logging food? Isn't this that Facebook site that all the young people talk about?!
  • AZackery
    Options
    There are plenty of health sites and forums you can use that aren't entirely built and focused around logging your daily food intake. I don't think I'd find this site useful at all if I weren't using it for what the main intention was.

Besides, if you don't log, then I guess I don't understand why bother asking the question. If you are curious, a quick peek in the food database with the search word "hamburger" will show there are many many variations of the different types of hamburger choices to log in the diary.

Poisongirl6485, MFP has a facebook page. Is it okay for me to be on there or do I have to be dieting in order to like the page? By the way, I'm on that page as well.

This site is useful to me. Why? Because it has people on here that's on the healthy journey, just like I am. This site has people on here that's looking for support and giving support like I'm doing.

Yes, MFP is a place where people can log their food and exercise, but it's also a place for people to communicate. If logging your foods and workouts were a major requirement to be on this site, then the owner of this site would have banned me from here a long time ago. Why? Because, MFP knows when a person is logging their foods and exercise.

A lot of people have their information hidden on here, you don't know if they are logging their foods and workouts. They could be on here to give others support, just like I'm doing. If I didn't mention that I didn't log my foods, you wouldn't know that I didn't log my foods.

I have asked my question, because I see a lot of people on here beat themselves up, because they ate something they think is bad for them or if they didn't lose any weight. A lot of people like to view people's food diary to see where they feel the person has gone wrong.Everyone don't eat out or eat process food. Some people cook or prepare their own food.

Since MFP sets a person's daily calories. I was just wondering if MFP knew the difference between a homemade hamburger log and a McDonald's hamburger log.
    Options
    Ok. Now I am really confused. Why is everyone talking logging food? Isn't this that Facebook site that all the young people talk about?!

LOL!!! You are y best friend now :D
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    Hmmmm anyone else smell a Troll
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Normally I would say yes. But this ones not. Unless shes a frequent flyer on the troll plane...
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options

Normally I would say yes. But this ones not. Unless shes a frequent flyer on the troll plane...
    Did you see the Muscle doesn't weigh more then fat thread?
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

That thread was epic. Thing is I think it stops being trolling when it happens so often. Odd, obnoxious and many other terms come to mind.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options

That thread was epic. Thing is I think it stops being trolling when it happens so often. Odd, obnoxious and many other terms come to mind.
    I agree with you on that :flowerforyou:
  • AZackery
    Options

Gettinghealthy4life, can you please share who you are calling a troll?
  • AZackery
    Options
    I haven't started this thread, for people to come in here and be messy. I don't have time for people immaturity. If you don't like me, fine. Stay your distance. I'm not going to argue with you.