high HRM!!

Options
Whenever i check my heart rate it's ALWAYS over 100 bpm.. i'm just wondering if this is normal?

Replies

• nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    While doing what activity?
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    What is your resting HR? Take first thing in morn before getting out of bed. If that is over 100 better get checked out by DR
  • jadebvb92
    Options
    my resting is normally 100...i've nvr checked right in the morning
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    When I first started exercising (back when I was 290#) my resting heart rate was always in the 80's - 90's and within just minutes of exercising it would get well over 100. Now that I've lost almost 70 lbs, my resting heart rate is closer to the 70's.

When I run and do spin class, it's nothing for me to be up in the 160's-180's. When I do Zumba I'm around 150, and when I do my weights, I'm close to 130. Figure out what your resting heart rate is and then figure out what your target heart rate zone is and just try to stay in that zone.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    resting heartrate should be around 60 plus or minus everyone is different, when I check mine first thing in the morning it's usually in the high 40's low 50's while exercising I usually get mine between 145 to 170 depending on the exercise.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Anything between 60 and 100BPM is considered fine in general terms... could be the anxiety of measuring it and worrying about it that's elevating it to the max end of the range though... don't worry too much about it right now, if you are... go see your GP and they'll investigate for you! Could be similar to what's called "White coat hypertension" where BP and HR are elevated due to the anxiety /nervousness of having it recorded/measured! :) Chill! :) x
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    My resting heart rate is 95-100. Just from walking around my apartment I get into the 120s. Its fine as long as your doctor checks it out. My EKGs have always come back fine, so has my thyroid function. I have had heart murmurs as a kid and had what was describes as "weakened heart muscle" as a teenager. Other than that, nothing is wrong.

Def. pay your doc a visit if it concerns you. Also pay attention to your heart rate while you're working out. I have to be careful and pace myself because if Im ignorant to my HR, I will get over 200 when Im running. Listen to your body, if your heart rate is high during workouts and it HURT, might want to get an EKG and stress test to see if you're straining yourself and your heart.