The Who, What, Where, When & Why

Options
Well hello! As you may be able to guess from my fabulous username, I'm Bekah. :) I'm ready to take charge and make change. I love the tools and support this community offers. I'm hoping to achieve my goals of being more active and being more responsible with what I eat. You can find me in northeastern Pennsylvania. Anyone else from around the area?

I'm starting the "diet" Monday. It's not really a diet. The plan is to use meal planning to structure my calorie intake and make sure that I'm getting adequate nutrients. Obviously the tools here will help! The reason I'm starting Monday is two-fold: first, I already have tonight and tomorrow's meals mapped out, though not for nutrition purposes; this week's meals were soley budget-based. Second, the sales circular for my grocery store comes out Sundays, so tomorrow I can do the planning for the week ahead while incorporating the sales. Overall, I'm aiming to lower both my weight and my budget. But don't worry about the latter, that's not why I'm here. ;)

My life is full of changes for the better. I've decided that I need to be a part of it, and THAT'S why I'm here. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! You've come to the right place :) A lot of us are in the same boat as you, some that have come in long before us and some coming behind us.
    If you need more friends for motivation, Feel free to add me.
    Welcome, again :)
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!! Feel free to add me. if you'd like.....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • myth4ever
    Options
    Going to have a lot of support if you ever need it, enjoy yourself and welcome!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hi Bekah!

I have to tell you that i saved boatloads of money when i changed my eating habits due to the reduction of takeaways, eating out and fast food.

Also, Beans are a great source of protein and low cost and YUMMY!

Cooking more of your own food and preplanning well will help all of your goals!

Jobe!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the site :) I'm rather particular to the name Bekah, although I spell mine Becca. If you'd like to friend me, one can never have enough friends for support on this journey.
    I understand the budget thing, up until recently my food was mapped out very similarly. Luckily, I've found fresh veggies go much further than frozen, and have been able to save a bunch that way.
    Good luck!