pet peeves!

Options
JacksMom12
JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
Ok, so this is not intended to offend anyone or anything, but do you ever look at certain posts and just cringe? I'm sure everyone's are different and I'm sure there are things that I do that strike that little nerve in people. Just for fun... what are some of your discussion board pet peeves? Please don't say posts about pet peeves (ha). Come on, I can't be the only one.

For example,

I hate when people say "nom nom nom" and I don't even know why, but it bugs me.
I hate when people don't know the difference between too and to.

OK. Go.

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO! Actually Im cringing at the thought of what could be potentially posted! LOL!!!!!
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    How about : LOOSE and LOSE. OR: They're, their, and there. :grumble:
  • sryan8408
    Options
    1. Grammatical errors with "your" and "you're," same with "their" "they're" and "there."

2. Plateau posts that haven't lost for a week. (Plateaus are longer than 1 week).

3. To eat your exercise calories or to not eat your exercise calories.

4. People who think its their job to insult the OP.
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    When people say i know they say its not healthy to eat under 1200 cals but should i do it anyway cuz they want to lose 10lbs a week and then get mad if people tell them its bad...

When i kill a post... (no one posts after me)

When ppl are rude and get offended when someone dishes it back
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Posts that try to correct other peoples english this is not school so I thought. Life is to short to be worried about such stuff.
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I hate it to...

Lol Just kidding!

Can't think of any in the forum world ;o(

In life though my biggest pet peeve is noisy eaters.... OMG that annoys me ALOT!
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I hate TOM. And i cant stand those people who are best friends with him.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I agree! Using the wrong word is a pet peeve of mine in life. Also, the people who just write "bump". What is that?
  • JustEllieK
    Options
    I agree! Using the wrong word is a pet peeve of mine in life. Also, the people who just write "bump". What is that?

Bump is when people want the post to continue. So the bump it to the top of the page to keep it going whether to see it later or whatever.
  • sryan8408
    Options
    *bump* means they want it to show up in "my topics" so that they can look at the answers later.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That starvation mode magically happens under 1200 calories, net or otherwise. Some people only got 1200 because of how they set their weight goals and could still be undereating by sticking to it.
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Posts that try to correct other peoples english this is not school so I thought. Life is to short to be worried about such stuff.

I agree to some degree... We have to understand there are different backgrounds on this sit and not everyones first language is english....

LIke me for example... Sometimes I'm thinking in spanish and write it in english that causes me to make mistakes and the truth is I dont spell check in forums, or go back and read my post to make sure punctuation,spelling or grammer is correct.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Life is too* short.

Sorry, I had to. No, we're not in school, but the reason you learn grammar and spelling in school is so you can use it correctly in life. I understand if English is not your first language, however. Obviously, this is one of my peeves.

I also can't stand the posts that come up twenty times a day. TOM, exercise calories, and muscle weighing more than fat.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it when someone makes an inocent post, about something that is just of differing opinions than the majority, and everyone keeps posting replys to it. All it does is keep bringing it to the top of the forum instead of letting it go.

There was a post about someone looking for other Christian females to support her. It was just a specific interest she was looking for. All the people that didn't like it, got all over it, and kept posting to it. If you don't like it, just ignore it. LET it go. I know it goes against forum rules, but it was not an intentional post about religion. I am not defending the poster. I was just using it as an example, so please don't attack.

Thanks for letting me vent mine.

That felt good.
    :flowerforyou:
  • JacksMom12
    Options
    1. Grammatical errors with "your" and "you're," same with "their" "they're" and "there."

2. Plateau posts that haven't lost for a week. (Plateaus are longer than 1 week).

3. To eat your exercise calories or to not eat your exercise calories.

4. People who think its their job to insult the OP.

Oh yeah, the plateau thing is annoying. I'll read people saying "oh, I haven't lost weight in 4 days... what is wrong with me?" Ugh.

Those are kind of like the "OMG, am I pregnant?" posts that the teenagers used to post all the time on the pregnancy board I used to be on. (Hello, pee on a stick.. we don't know if you're pregnant or not!)
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you hung up grammar I feel for you so I am sure it will be hard for some to loose weight too. Don't sweat the small stuff because what would you do when the big stuff come up Cry!!!
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    I hate TOM. And i cant stand those people who are best friends with him.

lol me too, I hear he is a real tool!
  • JustEllieK
    Options

Life is too* short.

Sorry, I had to. No, we're not in school, but the reason you learn grammar and spelling in school is so you can use it correctly in life. I understand if English is not your first language, however. Obviously, this is one of my peeves.

I also can't stand the posts that come up twenty times a day. TOM, exercise calories, and muscle weighing more than fat.

I too noticed that it should have been life is too short...but i didn't correct them. Because its not that big of a deal. His sentence made sense to me. It was clear and he got his point across. That's all that matter. I am sure you dont always have perfect grammar. Nor do i. And neither does he. Give people a little break.
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I hate it that a fat woman is now called "curvy" or "hourglass." Fat is FAT! I click on articles on how to dress a curvy or hourglass figure, and it is just FAT women squeezing into the latest trends.

And I am not trying to be rude. I was FAT 40 pounds ago. All of that 40 pounds of FAT was covering up my CURVES. Now that 40 pounds of FAT are gone, I once again have my HOURGLASS figure back.
  • JacksMom12
    Options
    If you hung up grammar I feel for you so I am sure it will be hard for some to loose weight too. Don't sweat the small stuff because what would you do when the big stuff come up Cry!!!

Seems like you're sweatin' it pretty bad. So what if grammar bothers some, and that's cool that the fact that it bothers people bothers you...Everyone is entitled to their silly pet peeves, no need to get snarky.