Most Acurate HRM between $60-90??

Options
Looking to buy new HRM with chest strap (for woman or unisex) from amazon between $60-90 before shipping costs, I need one that's accurate and has some cool features. Also one that takes in age/weight/sex and gives average heart rate during exercise. Please recommend me your choices and briefly tell me what's special about it, thanks in advance! If you have a link that would be awesome!

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4..and I absolutely love it! Very accurate. I recommend any of the Polar models. www.polarusa.com
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT7. I like it and it is accurate as long as you do not get the transmitter caught under the sports bra ( did that yesterday). bought mine on heartratemonitors.com
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4. That's what I have. It does pretty much everything you asked about.

I got mine on Amazon.co.uk (I live in Ireland) for something like £60 (which in US dollars would be around $90)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and got it on Amazon for about $70. I have found it's very accurate and has lots of features like calories burned, average heart rate, maximum heart rate, it keeps a record of your training files and - with the extra purchase of the transmitter - you can transfer it all to the computer.

This is the HRM: http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Womens-Heart-Monitor-Watch/dp/B001U0OFDM/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1320537257&sr=1-2.
    This is the transmitter: http://www.amazon.com/Polar-1307238-Flowlink/dp/B001EO6YS8/ref=sr_1_7?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1320537296&sr=1-7.
  • bigfatbitchface
    Options
    i have a cgi. bought it on amazon for $37. easy to use and very accurate.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4..and I absolutely love it! Very accurate. I recommend any of the Polar models. www.polarusa.com

*same*
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i have a polar ft4...got it on amazon for $60..love it and it does everything youre looking for
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    just ordered the polar ft 7 from heartratemonitorsusa.com Free Shipping 82.99 best price I found for the color I wanted
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I have a mio, granted it is not the chest strap one but I just use it to track my work out calories. I got it new for $35 on ebay.
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4

chest strap
    age, weight, sex
    calories burned
    heart rate during exercise

amazon for $69 about 2.5 weeks ago- free shipping
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Polar by far is the best brand in that price range. You can snag a FT4 and FT7 in that price range. Both highly rated and recommended models.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

*same*

Do you like it now? I know you were on the fence at first!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT1 on sale was $30 off so couldn't resist. Used it tonight for the first time and I am wondering about accuracy. Using the average heart rate, duration, my age and weight on my spreadsheet I couldn't believe the number of calories it says I burned. This model doesn't give you calories, but gives you the info to put into an equation to calculate it. Is the number burned usually way higher than what MFP would say in the exercise column?
  • Rheatheylia
    Rheatheylia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. It's a beautiful watch I don't mind wearing every day, and the batteries in the monitor and the watch are both user replaceable. I've had it for almost six months (got it for my birthday) though I've rarely used the hrm bit since I got it it seems accurate and works great when I do.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT1 on sale was $30 off so couldn't resist. Used it tonight for the first time and I am wondering about accuracy. Using the average heart rate, duration, my age and weight on my spreadsheet I couldn't believe the number of calories it says I burned. This model doesn't give you calories, but gives you the info to put into an equation to calculate it. Is the number burned usually way higher than what MFP would say in the exercise column?

It can be, depending on what your heart rate was at while working out. Like days I take Jack3d and do cardio (I know, BAD BAD!!) and I work out for 80-85% of maximum heart rate for an hour, yes you will blow away MFP's numbers. (For me that is a HR of 158-165) Otherwise it's usually a smidge lower or the same.
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    OK, I found the problem. I used the formula from livestrong.com and found out it has an error in it. This led to the calorie burned number being off by 100 or so calories. Now everything is better in my mind. I have checked my revised number against some on line resources and all is in line. It still was higher than MFP but I was working at 74% of max heart rate so being greater than MFP shouldn't be surprising.

Thanks to those who PM'd me with their comments.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I have a mio, granted it is not the chest strap one but I just use it to track my work out calories. I got it new for $35 on ebay.

I hope you know your calories are not accurate then.... HRM's give an estimation anyway, and the accuracy of the estimation goes way down without a chest strap.. So I'd highly suggest looking into one.

To OP:
    Polar is the way to go.. FT4, FT7.. I'm looking to get the FT40 to replace my FT7 once i get enough money :)
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

I hope you know your calories are not accurate then.... HRM's give an estimation anyway, and the accuracy of the estimation goes way down without a chest strap.. So I'd highly suggest looking into one.

To OP:
    Polar is the way to go.. FT4, FT7.. I'm looking to get the FT40 to replace my FT7 once i get enough money :)

I ave an ft40 and love it but I want a rs400 because I like the looks of it lol.