Truvia in place of sugar

Options
Has anyone swapped pure sugar cane for Truvia in a recipe? How did it come out? Did it taste okay? I want to make a banana nut bread, but with all the sugar, butter & walnuts, it's going to be over the top. Since Truvia is 0 calories I was thinking of just using that, but I don't want the bread to be a complete flop either.

Thanks!

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    ive used it in place of sugar in black bean brownies, but thats it. they turned out really good.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Wibikerlady
    Wibikerlady Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I personally dont use regular sugar at all in anything...Dont even have any in my house. Currently have Splenda in the house, but will be changing over to Truvia with a couple weeks. I never notice any difference in anything I bake or cook where it calls for sugar..Again, I dont use regular sugar and havent in a couple years now.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I think it's gross.
  • kate916
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I am in the same boat - I try not to use too much sugar & limit my intake. I always used Splenda, but lately I've done a lot of reading & it seems sucralose & aspartame are not good so I switched to Truvia & Stevia :)