Couch25k

Options
Well, I downloaded it to my phone almost 2 months ago--but today I went out and did day 1. Tell me it gets easier :tongue: Like banging my head against a wall--felt so good when I stopped.

Replies

• LeisureRunner
    Options
    It gets easier ;) I started running with c25k & now I'm up to 3 miles 3x a week. I love running now & actually crave it. Stick with it hun. You'll get there. Repeat weeks if you don't feel you're ready to move on.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It does get easier. I got up to week 8 and was still struggling. So to give myself a break, I started over, only difference is I do it every day and I'm loving it!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It does. Rest assured you're not alone. I've started 3x now! :bigsmile:

And tomorrow will be #4. Not that I'm proud, but weather and being a girl kinda got in the way... :wink:

HAPPY RUNNIN!
  • Malani2010
    Options
    I will say it does get easier!!! For me , I had to learn how to breath correctly while running and everyone has a different way of doing it but the goal is to try and breath like normal rather than panting!! I have just completed week 7 which is the 25 min run and I was good. Just keep it up and no matter what you do NEVER QUIT!!! Friend me if you would like!!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! It will be challenging, but you will get out of it what you put into it. Eventually, you'll be running on your own terms, not the programs' terms. I started off back in July and am now running 5 miles 3x per week. Knocked out an unofficial 10k (an MFP) challenge just yesterday. Find a good forum that really supports you every day. You can do this!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    It does get easier. I just finished week 2 and I never ran at all before. Don't feel disappointed if you have to repeat a week, I think I'll have to, it's meant to be your pace. Keep strong!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Keep on going! It gets easier!
    Good job!!!

Take it from me... I went from C25k to now running half marathons!
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I think I can get through it. I already walk an hour everyday, and was starting to throw in a little jogging, but this was a brave new world. I'm really glad I finally actually started!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow. I'll be doing it in the dark :ohwell:
  • cmoutarimoussa
    cmoutarimoussa Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok Im new to all of this..what is couch25k?
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 4...it does get easier, and then harder, and then easier. Just stick with it. Repeat a week if you feel you need to, but don't quit.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Does anyone notice any knee discomfort during (or after) the program? How did you overcome it?
  • msiamjan
    Options

It's a program to build you up from nothing to running. The first week it's 8 one minute runs, divided by 1.5 minute walks.
  • cmoutarimoussa
    cmoutarimoussa Posts: 97 Member
    Options

It's a program to build you up from nothing to running. The first week it's 8 one minute runs, divided by 1.5 minute walks.

Ok thanks!!!
  • msiamjan
    Options
    O forgot to ask--WHEN does it get easier??? :huh: Did the first day of week 2; so I haven't given up, though I consider the possibility.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    For me it varies actually. D2W3 was a serious challenge to get that last 3 minutes and then D3W3 was a breeze. But looking at the W4 schedule, I can already hear myself cursing. That's why if I have to repeat a week I'll be okay with it - I'm not gonna move forward at the normal pace if I don't feel I can handle it. I'm not doing it to become a marathon runner, just build my stamina and hopefully do a few 5Ks for celebration.