Cathe Friedrich

Options
Any Cathe fans here? I am doing the Low Impact Series November rotation and it's kicking my hiney! In a GREAT way! Need to get the last 20 pounds off and I am confident that Cathe is going to help me do it!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    I really like Cathe. I actually met and conversed with her in a gym (can't remember the name) over philosophies. She's really down to Earth and very humble. Incidentally, when I mentioned to her about how she stays lean all the time, she told me that sometimes she wishes that she didn't have to worry about it so much. She's great and I can see why she's such a good trainer/instructor. My wife does her IMAX step and it's crazy hard.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Her step DVDs are real *kitten* kickers! A lot of DVD instructors drive me nuts but I really like her!
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    love love love her, I wanted to find friend on here to get into converations about her LIS dvd they are kicking my butt and im tired of hearing about jillian!!!

Cathe is the best!!
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    She has great weight lifting dvds too! Her new series is called the Low Impact Series. I'm sure she's feeling the joint pressure that starts to affect all of us. I'm 45 and I think she's close to my age, so I'm glad I get to age with her and she'll hopefully put out appropriate workouts for me for the rest of my life.

OT-how can I get an email notification that someone replied to a thread I've posted on? I have everything check under the settings_email preferences and didn't get any notice that you two had posted here.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    love love love her, I wanted to find friend on here to get into converations about her LIS dvd they are kicking my butt and im tired of hearing about jillian!!!

Cathe is the best!!

Happy to meet another Cathlete here! Are you doing the LIS rotation? I am and it's really kicking my butt too! I don't think I've had a day where something didn't hurt lol (today it's my right glute). I have a work conference Mon/Tue. Tuesday is a scheduled rest day (thank goodness!) so I think I'm going to do Athletic Training tomorrow since I can't do it Monday. So I just have one more workout to get through and then have 2 rest days.

What's your favorite so far? I haven't done AT yet and from what I've read it will be another killer. In a good way of course. :)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I use to like watching Cathe on FitTV, but I don't get that channel anymore. I would buy her workout dvds, but they are a little to expensive for me right now.

I've recorded some of her workouts from FitTV and bought one of her vhs workouts from the library.

I hate step workouts.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I love Cathe...very down to earth and great workouts. I cannot stand Jillian. I know she has a gazillion fans here but her voice and facial expressions turn me off. I also like Chalene Johnson.
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Cathe is Awesome!! I never get bored with her workouts and she has so much to choose from! She's a natural instructor and makes you feel like your her close, personal friend!

Some of my favs:

Low Impact Circuit
    Low Max ( it sounds sooo easy-HA!)
    Body Max 2
    Boot Camp
    Butts and Guts!!!

I'm rather shocked that she's not the topic of more discussions on this site!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Spoiled, I am always surprised when people that value fitness don't know who she is. But I do kind of get it-she doesn't really advertise. She doesn't do commercials like The Firm or TurboJam, so the only way people find out about her is word-of-mouth. Considering that, it's amazing how many people are on her site on a daily basis. I just get the best results when I'm doing Cathe workouts. I'm really loving the new Low Impact Series.
  • Edithrenee
    Options
    I'm with ya! I love Cathe...very down to earth and great workouts. I cannot stand Jillian. I know she has a gazillion fans here but her voice and facial expressions turn me off. I also like Chalene Johnson.
    OMG I cant stnd her either i dont know what it is but she seems to...ugh smoug annoying and *****y and like sheis better then thou atitude. So agree
  • Edithrenee
    Options
    Cathe is Awesome!! I never get bored with her workouts and she has so much to choose from! She's a natural instructor and makes you feel like your her close, personal friend!

Some of my favs:

Low Impact Circuit
    Low Max ( it sounds sooo easy-HA!)
    Body Max 2
    Boot Camp
    Butts and Guts!!!

I'm rather shocked that she's not the topic of more discussions on this site!
    Me to hey we should form a group with cathe fas lol
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Spoiled, I am always surprised when people that value fitness don't know who she is. But I do kind of get it-she doesn't really advertise. She doesn't do commercials like The Firm or TurboJam, so the only way people find out about her is word-of-mouth. Considering that, it's amazing how many people are on her site on a daily basis. I just get the best results when I'm doing Cathe workouts. I'm really loving the new Low Impact Series.

Cathe is the gold standard in fitness videos, and I don't mean $gold$ standard - that belongs to someone else. I like that Cathe doesn't jump on every band wagon for a buck. Cathe could have put out a kettlebell DVD (quickly) with really horrible form, but making a quick buck isn't her main objective.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

Cathe is the gold standard in fitness videos, and I don't mean $gold$ standard - that belongs to someone else. I like that Cathe doesn't jump on every band wagon for a buck. Cathe could have put out a kettlebell DVD (quickly) with really horrible form, but making a quick buck isn't her main objective.

OMG! My DH got me JM's kettlebell DVD for Christmas....i watched it once, packed it up and had him return it. It was pure junk! Poor form, inconsistent reps between opposite sides of the body, and typical JM attitude. And it did look like they filmed it in less than a few hours!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I started a Cathletes group under the Groups section here. Please join in!
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!

If anyone is looking for an alternative to Jillian Michaels, definitely check out Cathe Friedrich. She is excellent and does comprehensive workouts. She does everything from simple cardio to heavy weight lifting for women.

If you go to her site, click on title and you can watch extended previews of all of her videos: http://shop.cathe.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    I think that she isn't more popular (on this forum and a few others that i visit) because her dvds require a lot of equipment (I have never done her dvds but i look at the clips on collagevideo and the dvd description also lists required equipment).
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I think that she isn't more popular (on this forum and a few others that i visit) because her dvds require a lot of equipment (I have never done her dvds but i look at the clips on collagevideo and the dvd description also lists required equipment).
    No they don't. They only require what is standard for the type of workout.

If you're doing a step workout, then you need a step. Makes sense.
    If you're doing a strength training workout, then you need dumbbells, barbell, etc depending on the workout. You can also substitute bands, etc.

If one is serious about being a home exerciser, then purchasing some weights or even a step is a sound investment when you look at it over time. Such purchases are cheaper than a gym membership.