Adrenal / Thyroid Issues

2»

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    My thyroid has never worked from birth I've always been on high dose.. I never had weight issues when I was young and active, until I started with mobility problems in my early thirties and become housebound.

Highest I reached was 16st (I'm only 5ft 3 and half) got down to 11st 7 a few years back but then piled a stone back on after been put on meds to control some involuntary muscle movement, I couldn't shift the weight for over a year the fatigue effect from the drugs was crippling so came off them and used exercise and physio to re-learn how to control my body and lost 19lbs so far.

I've still got about 25lbs to go to be back to where I was. At the moment cos I've lost nearly one and half stone, and I'm still on the same dose (haven't told doctor I've lost so much) I'm losing quite steadily... the dose of thyroxine is determined from your body weight too. ... hoping to get away with until after xmas to give me chance to get in the 10st range, then I'm only about a stone off (14lbs) before they lower my meds!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    i have no idea, but i just wanted to say that i think there's something wacky going on with my endocrine system too...i'm going to see an endocrinologist in December (and i made the appointment in OCTOBER, yikes) so hopefully some light will be shed then.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Wow Tordronn, I feel awful when my TSH is above 1.5, let alone how high yours was! I become VERY symptomatic when I'm above 3. I still have low T3 as well, my new doctor thinks everything is related to the adrenals.

There are some determined people here, it makes me feel even more confident! Endocrine disorders are so common with the high stress of today's world.... We gotta just keep on keeping on in our journeys to health!
  • I'm waiting on test results, but my doctor is certain that I have an adrenal problem which is causing subclinical hypothyroidism. She's already suggested I go on a completely Paleo style diet - limit carbs and no dairy. However, in the meantime I get to sit and wait for my tests results.

For me I used to be highly active - climbing and hiking up mountains, cycling twice a week, boxing. Now it's hard to go for a run or even get to yoga. It has caused a high level of depression over the last few months.

I'm just glad I've found a doctor who will listen to me. The first GP i saw thought I was just depressed and put me on antidepressants. So, so wrong!
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Lekkie I'm glad you have a good doctor now! I had low cortisol at midday and low DHEA so I am now on hormone therapy, I already feel better! She increased my Synthroid because my TSH was up again and also ordered Spectracell nutrient testing. I have a few deficiencies. I'm taking so many supplements now it is crazy!
  • Lekkie I'm glad you have a good doctor now! I had low cortisol at midday and low DHEA so I am now on hormone therapy, I already feel better! She increased my Synthroid because my TSH was up again and also ordered Spectracell nutrient testing. I have a few deficiencies. I'm taking so many supplements now it is crazy!

My TSH is sky high too. And all I want to do is sleep at lunch so sounds like we're very similar!

Looking forward to what comes next. Can't wait to get back on my bike!!

What kind of supplements are you taking?