Soy Pumpkin Spice Latte

Options
Every year my family carves pumpkins on Halloween. The next day we take the pumpkins and juice them to remove the excess water from the pulp. We freeze the pulp for winter baking but In the past the juice was always wasted.

This was my first year doing this just my sister and I and we saved the juice. I've made a delicious latte recipe usig 2 cups of fresh pumpkin juice that is low cal and ( in my opinion) way more delish than any specialty coffee shop could deliver. With the fresh pumpkin juice there's also the added vitamin and mineral boost that just does a body good :)

2 cups fresh pumpkin juice
2 cups soy milk (or skim milk of desired)
3 tbsp honey (or low calorie sweetener if desired)
4 single cup chai tea bags

put all ingredients into a medium size pot on stove and bring to a simmer. Once it starts to simmer remove pot from heat and let liquid steep for 5 minutes. Strain latte mixture into drinking mug and top with frothed milk and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

I'd love to hear what other warm weather bevvie recipes are out there

Replies

• noblesseoblige
    Options
    bump ~sounds amazing!
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It sounds awesome! I will have to try it. What kind of pumpkins do you use? Are they like Pie pumpkins or carving pumpkins or does it matter? I carve pumpkins and have seeds but not a lot of pulp...

Thanks,
    Becky
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    yum
  • ReneeRobinson081422
    Options
    I use carving pumpkins and save the seeds (yum) and pulp for baking. Out of five pumpkins I got approximately 4 gal. Of juice and 35 cups of pulp.

I was really happy with how the lattes turned out.