10 Snacks less than 175 cal!!

Options
This was on AOL today and I thought I'd share for those who might need some new ideas:tongue:

1. Banana: Portable, peelable and around 100 calories. It's a good source of fiber, potassium and is rich in vitamin B6, which regulates blood glucose levels and keeps your moods at an even keel.

2. Lions and tigers and bears: Oh, my -- animal crackers weigh in at only 12 calories each.

3. Half of a whole grain bagel: spread with jam or low-fat cream cheese.

4. One almond, one date: Stuff the former into the latter for satisfying sweetness and nutty crunch.

5. Baby carrots: Eat a handful with a creamy dip (mix 1/4 cup salsa with 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream).

6. Whole wheat pretzels (1 1/2 oz.): A bona fide snack that's not junk food.

7. Sweet potato: If you think of it only as a side dish, you're missing out on a great snack. Baked and cooled, it's a delicious alternative to fruit.

8. A cup of instant bean soup: Fiber-packed and filling -- just add water!

9. Whole grain cereal: Low-fat, low-sugar choices such as Cheerios or Wheat Chex aren't just for breakfast. Slip a 1/2 cup into a plastic bag to eat when you're on the go.

10. Low-fat string cheese (2 oz.): The perking power of protein and the rich bite of cheese -- without all that nasty fat.

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    This was on AOL today and I thought I'd share for those who might need some new ideas:tongue:

1. Banana: Portable, peelable and around 100 calories. It's a good source of fiber, potassium and is rich in vitamin B6, which regulates blood glucose levels and keeps your moods at an even keel.

2. Lions and tigers and bears: Oh, my -- animal crackers weigh in at only 12 calories each.

3. Half of a whole grain bagel: spread with jam or low-fat cream cheese.

4. One almond, one date: Stuff the former into the latter for satisfying sweetness and nutty crunch.

5. Baby carrots: Eat a handful with a creamy dip (mix 1/4 cup salsa with 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream).

6. Whole wheat pretzels (1 1/2 oz.): A bona fide snack that's not junk food.

7. Sweet potato: If you think of it only as a side dish, you're missing out on a great snack. Baked and cooled, it's a delicious alternative to fruit.

8. A cup of instant bean soup: Fiber-packed and filling -- just add water!

9. Whole grain cereal: Low-fat, low-sugar choices such as Cheerios or Wheat Chex aren't just for breakfast. Slip a 1/2 cup into a plastic bag to eat when you're on the go.

10. Low-fat string cheese (2 oz.): The perking power of protein and the rich bite of cheese -- without all that nasty fat.
  • His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    Some good ideas --- Thanks!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! sweet potato yummy!!!!! bagels, mmmm!! The problem with me is that I cannot eat just half of one!! So I try to avoid them :laugh: I usually eat a cheese stick with any fruit for a snack. The hard part is to find a cheese stick that is low in sodium :noway: :flowerforyou: