not 'seeing' results

Options
so i started this journey as a girl that most people wouldn't even consider overweight although i still have always yearned to be smaller. i'm not at my goal (i'm around 1/2 way there but may end up deciding to increase what i want to lose once i get there) but for my frame/fitness level/starting weight i feel i've lost a fair amount, i take that back, i KNOW I HAVE LOST WEIGHT. i've had to buy new pants because i've dropped 2-3 sizes (depending on the brand plus they're not 'skinny' jeans if they're baggy!) in addition to almost everyone close to me or who sees me on a regular basis has commented on how i've transformed....... here's the rub

I CAN'T SEE IT. i don't understand the disconnect between my rational thinking brain and my minds eye!?!?!? i'm am slightly worried that if i can't see my results currently, will i ever? and if i don't see them.... how will i know when i've reached my 'goal'? will i ever be satisfied? i have also contemplated that perhaps my 'ideal' is of a frame i don't have or a picture of a woman taller than me so technically i WILL NEVER GET THERE.

has anyone else felt this way? is there a solution? help :[

Replies

• ariel3561
    ariel3561 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's more difficult to notice on your own body because you see yourself every day so the progress seems slow. If you are buying smaller pants you are obviously losing weight. A size 6 is a reasonable goal. If your goal was a size 00 then that would be a problem.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    so i started this journey as a girl that most people wouldn't even consider overweight although i still have always yearned to be smaller. i'm not at my goal (i'm around 1/2 way there but may end up deciding to increase what i want to lose once i get there) but for my frame/fitness level/starting weight i feel i've lost a fair amount, i take that back, i KNOW I HAVE LOST WEIGHT. i've had to buy new pants because i've dropped 2-3 sizes (depending on the brand plus they're not 'skinny' jeans if they're baggy!) in addition to almost everyone close to me or who sees me on a regular basis has commented on how i've transformed....... here's the rub

I CAN'T SEE IT. i don't understand the disconnect between my rational thinking brain and my minds eye!?!?!? i'm am slightly worried that if i can't see my results currently, will i ever? and if i don't see them.... how will i know when i've reached my 'goal'? will i ever be satisfied? i have also contemplated that perhaps my 'ideal' is of a frame i don't have or a picture of a woman taller than me so technically i WILL NEVER GET THERE.

has anyone else felt this way? is there a solution? help :[

i am the EXACT same!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you catch your reflection out of the corner of your eye. Eventually you will see it. It's taken me about a week or two to really see the difference. Try looking at old photos of yourself and compare to your new self!!
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You're a beautiful and THIN woman. I find we all struggle with body image, but some of us have an extremely hard time seeing the truth. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but look at what is heathy for your height and frame, and stay within that! Also, instead of weight goals, pick fitness goals, or at the most a clothing size. I think this might help transfer the pressure of looking a certain way onto feeling a certain way.
    Take a step back from the scale--and the mirror--and try to retrain your brain to think and look for other things when those negative and harmful thoughts start to surface.
    You are healthy! You are strong! You do all sorts of amazing things!! And it's your beautiful body that makes these things happen for you. And remember: if you lose too much weight, some of that is sure to be muscle, and rock climbing would be a lot less feasible without those killer muscles.