Protien Powder!?!?

Options
Looking for a low calorie protein powder to put in my shakes ??

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    For weight loss? Try herbalife or Musclepharm combat powder.
  • rachdlew
    rachdlew Posts: 108
    Options
    I use AMP and as long as you use one scoop at a time it is low calorie and works great
  • poisedwithpurpose
    Options
    Pure Protein's VANILLA CREAM POWDERED SHAKE IS GOOD. ONLY 100 CALORIES AND 20 GRAMS OF PROTIEN PLUS 3 GRAMS OF FIBER. ITS LIKE 9 BUCKS AT WALMART.
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try Nutiva Hemp Protein Powder, heard some good stuff about it :)
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    I love the ISOpure that I usually get at my gym! I think it's by Elite? It's 107 cals per scoops, tons of protein, very low carb and no sugar, but it tastes fantastic!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I prefer to stick to low cal protein powders and then add plain oats for carbs and peanut butter for fats. This allows me to control macro's to a T.

My favorite thus far is Gaspari Myofusion, Cookies and Cream or Milk Chocolate. Optimum nutrition is good but not after you've had Myofusion.

Optimum Nutrition - 130 cal per 25g protein.
    Myofusion - 147 cal per 25g protein

AMP...I've tried it, but it's too expensive of a product.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am currently using PVL Iso-Sport whey. It tastes good, I usually put it in my smoothy, but I always blend it with fruit, spring mix, a bit of yogurt. The powder is 140cal per scoop, but 30g protien. I use it for post workout snacks (or usually breakfast after a workout)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein's VANILLA CREAM POWDERED SHAKE IS GOOD. ONLY 100 CALORIES AND 20 GRAMS OF PROTIEN PLUS 3 GRAMS OF FIBER. ITS LIKE 9 BUCKS AT WALMART.

Is is sweetened naturally, do you know?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I use optimum nutrition pro complex - 30 grams of protein = 135 calories.

As far as 'low cal' goes the difference is very slight. You might find one that is 80 calories per serving but that's because its only 20 grams of protein. A gram of protein is roughly 4 calories and that's that. So the only real fluctuation in calories comes from how many calories are in the non-protein part (for example how much sugar/carbs).
  • poisedwithpurpose
    Options
    CHECK THE LABEL HERE:
    http://www.pureprotein.net/pages/products.aspx?sku=029540

There are no artificial sweeteners, so yes its sweetened naturally. :-)
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I've been using this: Garden of Life RAW Protein http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-RAW-Protein-622g/dp/B0031JK96C

80 cals, 18g of protein, 3carbs and only 1g of sugar. I drink it plain and it has hardly any taste at all....I think it would blend into a shake nicely.
  • poisedwithpurpose
    Options

Is is sweetened naturally, do you know?

Check the label here....no artificial sweeteners

http://www.pureprotein.net/pages/products.aspx?sku=029540