Does anyone take the day off??

Options
Just wondering if anyone else is with me with taking a day off from MFP?? I tend to slack on the weekends mainly because I am not on a schedule and am here there and everywhere versus at work when I have a specific time to take lunch, and things of that nature.. Is anyone else like this??? Do you think this helps or hurts us??

Replies

• missmeg1970
    missmeg1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi

I don't exactly take the day off but if I want something I will have it. I have found that I give myself an extra 300 calorie crazy day which means I can eat extra but when it come down to it I often don't use them all. I have also had a big mac when the weight loss slowed down to shock my system and it seemed to work

HTH

Meg xxx
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I actually am quite addicted... haven't taken a day off since I started. I love logging :D
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    I tried it and it didn't work for me. It was a suggestion by my life coach to take one day off a week. I tried it twice on a weekend day and both times I spent the entire next week getting back to where I had been before the 'day off'.

That made me decide against it going forward. I know a lot of people do take a day off and it seems to work for them. I think each person needs to find the balance that works for them. After all we are all different and what works for one doesn't always for another.

In your case, as it is working for you -- enjoy it!
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I always log on to talk to people but don't always log my food.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I actually am quite addicted... haven't taken a day off since I started. I love logging :D

Oh maybe I should have been more clear.. I still log but I know I will go over and I just don't let it bother me... Just not a religious about what I have on my "off" days.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options

Oh maybe I should have been more clear.. I still log but I know I will go over and I just don't let it bother me... Just not a religious about what I have on my "off" days.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I have the android software and us a browser to post.... so no reason for me not to log when its in my hand most of the day haha
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    i have been here 11 days now and 11 days i log on i put in all food.. i went over by 1000 odd calories on saturday...but it was also a good learning curve for me. i do take a day off formal exercise.. but not from here.. so much to learn about food and what i eat etc...
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Since joining MFP, I haven't gone over my calories. I often go over the protein level, and occasionally (rarely) exceed the fat levels.

If I have a high calorie meal, as I did today (at a friend's place for lunch - they made a delicious, high calorie chocolate desert), I make sure that I get plenty of exercise (and hence exercise calories). It will be salad for me for dinner.