Cycle or walk?

Options
1a1a
1a1a Posts: 761 Member
It's a 5 minute walk to my local supermarket, or a 2 minute bike ride, what's the better option for maximum burn?

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    It's a negligible difference. If you really must know...2 minute sprint to the store.
  • Gonzoxx
    Options
    let's say that body only start it "burn" activities only after the first 20 minutes from the started activity so there's no much difference in fat loss between both activities... just enjoy the view :)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    gp79 may well be right.

Given the two choices you've offered, I would walk. A 2 mile bike ride is pretty much like driving (my opinion). Not worth the effort.
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Easier to walk with shopping bags :)
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    bump
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    if you ride your bike in a high gear at max effort it will burn more than a walk.
  • gp79
    Options
    I agree with SarahCeeee
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Walking with groceries is a great weight bearing exercise. So good for you.
  • gp79
    Options
    Or try walking with groceries backwards to work your quads!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Take the longer route. Walk or ride a longer route to get there.
  • gp79
    Options
    Ride your bike. Walk your groceries home. Walk back, get your bike and ride home. Just be sure you chain it up so you don't have to walk home twice.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ride your bike. Walk your groceries home. Walk back, get your bike and ride home. Just be sure you chain it up so you don't have to walk home twice.

LOL!:laugh:
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks, love the suggestions, they just kept getting better :-D. Think I'll go with walking and bonus strength exercise walking it home for now (with the taking the scenic route saved up for days with lots of time to spare and sprinting reserved for very energetic days).