Fatty foods and hangovers

Options
Any idea why my body craves all sorts of junk after a night on the town? Not only am I constantly hungry when hungover, but it's not exactly lettuce I crave... Right now I'm having a frozen pizza for breakfast. At 10am. Seriously. This would never happen on a regular day!

I get that alcohol is basically poison for your body, are there some kind of restorative powers to fatty foods? Some sort of miracle cure found onlu in copious amount of melted cheese?

I am very curious!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I havvvee a feeling ill be battlin a hangover too! I just drink as much water as possible. Fills ya up and rehydrates.
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    well you lose salts etc and become dehaydrated so tend to crave salty fatty foods also i think its part psycological when your hung over you feel bad so you want something bad for you to help with feeling awful
  • felicity866
    Options
    sometimes I think the person who invented vegemite was looking for a hangover cure.....works every time! that and greasy hot chips..
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Some sort of miracle cure found onlu in copious amount of melted cheese?

Ah, the magic of cheese!

I think the fat and high carbs found in things like pizza (or bacon sandwich, my personal favourite cure) 'soaks up' the leftover alcohol.