Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breastfeeding Mommy

SJGBassett
SJGBassett Posts: 10 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there!

I am a new mommy from Southern Calif. I have beautiful weather just about all year round, but that STILL does not motivate me enough to change my ways. I used to walk as a teenager and young adult--I even completed a half marathon and a marathon! I would like to get back into shape. I am only 30 pounds overweight, and to me that is very realistic to overcome. I just think I finally have the motivation to get back into the game.

I would like more energy to keep up with the demands of my new baby, stepkids, hubby; to keep up with the demands of work; and to keep up with the demands of my house. I want to do it all! : )

My hubby promised me that if I made a regular effort to use the stroller in my walks, he would buy me a exercise stroller so I can later incorporate jogging. I used to enjoy light jogging, but right now since I am breastfeeding it is not conducive nor comfortable.

I am excited to maybe team up with a few other ladies to help me stay accountable. I am 35.

Replies

• SJGBassett
    Hi there!

I am a new mommy from Southern Calif. I have beautiful weather just about all year round, but that STILL does not motivate me enough to change my ways. I used to walk as a teenager and young adult--I even completed a half marathon and a marathon! I would like to get back into shape. I am only 30 pounds overweight, and to me that is very realistic to overcome. I just think I finally have the motivation to get back into the game.

I would like more energy to keep up with the demands of my new baby, stepkids, hubby; to keep up with the demands of work; and to keep up with the demands of my house. I want to do it all! : )

My hubby promised me that if I made a regular effort to use the stroller in my walks, he would buy me a exercise stroller so I can later incorporate jogging. I used to enjoy light jogging, but right now since I am breastfeeding it is not conducive nor comfortable.

I am excited to maybe team up with a few other ladies to help me stay accountable. I am 35.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here, everyone is so supportive and helpful. This site is soooo motivational. I love it here, this site has helped me so much. I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • SJGBassett
    Thank you! I am really excited about it! : )
  • OK, that was TMI. And not about the breastfeeding part either. The part about being a mommy!

Just kidding.

Good luck in achieving your goals!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    welcome to the boards!!!
  • SJGBassett
    :laugh:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Hi there!

Welcome. If you go to the motivation and support then look for the sisterhood of holday crap my pants fit or maybe it is just siterhood week 2. I am part of that group we just started about a week ago. There are three bf Mom's I think.
  • dsangel
    dsangel Posts: 27
    Hi there!

Welcome. If you go to the motivation and support then look for the sisterhood of holday crap my pants fit or maybe it is just siterhood week 2. I am part of that group we just started about a week ago. There are three bf Mom's I think.

Hello and welcome! I'm one of the bf'ing moms in the sisterhood group! My baby is 3.5 months and I'm trying really hard to keep my calorie intake up and still lose this baby weight! Good luck to you.
  • Welcome, I am both a breastfeeding mom and breastfeeding counsellor -- good luck on your endeavors in weightloss and keeping up with everything you have going on!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Hi,I just wanted to say welcome and good luck:flowerforyou:
  • SJGBassett
    Thank you! Everyone is so nice!
This discussion has been closed.