DROID?

Options
ShaeDetermined
ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
I'm looking to switch from blackberry to droid this weekend (it's been a long time coming!)

Anyone know how MFP is on android?
Is there an app?
And if using the browser, are there any parts of the site that are still inaccessible?
(Like on my bb I can do everything but comment on statuses)

Thanks!

Replies

• rucks20
    rucks20 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have one and the only thing I can't do is message boards. I can comment right from my phone. Hope this helps.
  • samanthalh4
    Options
    There is an app! Personally, I like it better than the site. Scanning in bar codes makes it so much easier.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to switch from blackberry to droid this weekend (it's been a long time coming!)

Anyone know how MFP is on android?
    Is there an app?
    And if using the browser, are there any parts of the site that are still inaccessible?
    (Like on my bb I can do everything but comment on statuses)

Thanks!
    There is an Android app for this site, and it has its pros and cons vs the site itself's pros and cons. I agree scanning the barcodes is easier, but the barcodes are not always accurate...sometimes you get a different product. So I'll say it's convenient when you're "on the go" or not near a computer, but I do prefer the site over the app itself for speed purposes.
  • patrickbmurray
    patrickbmurray Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Droid world! You will love it. There is an App on the Droid for Myfitnesspal and you can even move the app icon to your home page. I don't comment much on MFP, but from what I do, there isn't any functionality that I need that isn't available on the Droid app.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I've been using the app for about 10 months. It's fabulous. A few updates ago it added the bar code scanner, which is so easy. Scan your foods, add in your serving amount, and it automatically updates your diary. The last update allowed you to see your friends' updates. It's so easy. You can't see the message boards from the app, but that's it.
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a Droid and a BlackBerry and I prefer the app on the Droid because I LOVE LOVE LOVE the scanner!!!
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    I've been using the app for about 10 months. It's fabulous. A few updates ago it added the bar code scanner, which is so easy. Scan your foods, add in your serving amount, and it automatically updates your diary. The last update allowed you to see your friends' updates. It's so easy. You can't see the message boards from the app, but that's it.

This ^^^^ I was just going thru my phone and couldnt find the boards, that was all I couldnt find. I can comment on a friends status tho.

You'll love the droid :) They are awesome!!!!!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    i use droid and yes there is an app for that ;)
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I just have to say, do not get a samsung galaxy. Worst. Phone. Ever. I will mot be getting another droid when my contract is up.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I have the Droid Incredible 2- the app for this site is FANTASTIC! I used it exclusively for several weeks before I discovered this site :D
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    is it wierd that when i saw this topic title i automatically heard the robotic 'droid' voice from the commercials?

anyway, i know a few people with this app and they absolutely love it
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    i have a HTC Desire and I actually used the app for a long time before I clicked that there was a site as well. The only downside is that you can't accesse the message boards but you can still access your home page and friends profiles and comment as normal. I find it easier when I'm preparing a meal from a recipe how I can have my phone in the kitchen and add the ingredients as I weigh them instead of having to come later and log it all on
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    i have a HTC Desire and I actually used the app for a long time before I clicked that there was a site as well. The only downside is that you can't accesse the message boards but you can still access your home page and friends profiles and comment as normal. I find it easier when I'm preparing a meal from a recipe how I can have my phone in the kitchen and add the ingredients as I weigh them instead of having to come later and log it all on
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I have the HTC Evo and its the best phone Ive ever owned...hands down!

Anyway, yes theres an app and it really is great for logging, and I second the barcode feature, its excellent.
    For message boards, just head to the site using a browser. I have Opera installed on my phone, and its just as good as being online via laptop.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have the app on my nexus s and love it. Used it for weeks before coming to the website. As for message boards.... you can just go on a web browser and have the full functioning site. I use opera mobile on my phone and no problems,
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I just have to say, do not get a samsung galaxy. Worst. Phone. Ever. I will mot be getting another droid when my contract is up.

Seriously? I have the Galaxy S and I LOVE it! I just recommended it to her... What was wrong with yours?
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    Getting the Galaxys2 tomorrow, and looking forward to scanning!
    Who knew?!
    :wink:

Uh oh Vodkha ...What specifically do you dislike about the galaxy? Please speak quickly!!!
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It is allllways force closing, the layout for texting is horrible...i often have to take out the battery to get the phone running again cauae it just randomly stops running. It might just be my phone and maybe the 2 will be different bur ive had enough issues to not get another. That being said...i know friends who have it and love it.
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    It is allllways force closing, the layout for texting is horrible...i often have to take out the battery to get the phone running again cauae it just randomly stops running. It might just be my phone and maybe the 2 will be different bur ive had enough issues to not get another. That being said...i know friends who have it and love it.

Oh boy! Hope that's not the case. I guess 30 days should be enuf for me to figure the issues out.
    I am also a little concerned bout not having a keyboard.