We have ALL been and done this....what is your worst?

Options
Hi Gang,

We have all bought a piece of state of the art training equipment and maybe some of us used it once maybe it's still in the box, who knows. What has been your worst purchase and did it ever get used?

I have one, i bought a reconditioned spinning class bike for some serious winter training when it was too wet and cold to go outside, i think it's the most expensive clothes rack in the world! Used once!

Can anyone beat this?

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    ex lax!!!!

No just kidding.

I bought a used bike at a yard sale and it did not fit properly. used it once.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Dude I would love one of those. Go use it! plug in the ipod or put a tv in front of it.

I bought a weight machine that sat in my garage for almost two years. I am using it now, but I was using it as a clothes rack.
  • EHolstrom
    EHolstrom Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    cant beat that.lol. i cant afford anything that big. i have weights-they are the worlds greatest bunny collectors. dust bunnies that is. i also have (not sure of the actual name of it) thigh toner. that's my daughter's chew toy. and the 30DS dvd. and i WILL use that today!
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    One of those Total Gym thingies. We've used it a few times over the years but I never really did get to liking it.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I once purchased a Golds Gym home gym. I thought I'd use it all the time.
    It was poorly made, and I never ended up using it. AT ALL. We ended up giving it to a neighbor.
    For free. I saved up for a year to buy that dumb thing.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    A treadmill...not realizing treadmills are boring. My husband uses it, though.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    When I was 18 my mom bought a man powered tredmill. It was like the fred flinston of tredmills. The belt only moved when someone was walking on it, no electricity to move the belt for you.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    about 10 years ago I bought one of the belts that sends and electric currrent to contract your abs. I thought, "hey, I can wear it at work a few days a week and while watching TV." Well, the thing was cheaply made and did not "fire" properly. So I put it on and when nothing happened, I jacked up the level until it clicked on sent me into a spasm on the couch. It hurt so badly that I had trouble moving to get it off. I ended up with electricity burn on my stomach!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Shake weight
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Ab Lounge. Stupid! A chair to do crunches in...bleehh. I still need to get rid of that thing. Ha
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Ab Lounge. Stupid! A chair to do crunches in...bleehh. I still need to get rid of that thing. Ha
    Me too!!! I used it a handful of times, without consistency of course, and ultimately let a friend borrow it with a promise to pay for it later, which of course, they never did. What a waste!
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options

haha i have that too! lol
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    A treadmill that I used a total of 5 times before it became a clothes rack. I discovered walking outside is more my speed.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Treadmill. But my wife bought it and used it a few times. I'm more of a walk, run or go to the gym. I work out early so usinf the treadmill at home was not possible without causing a lot of noise. Now when I go to the gym I can workout and catch up on the newws!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    $50 for all the hot yoga classes I wanted to attend in a month. Turns out the answer was ONE.

Screw you Hot Yoga inventor. :mad: :sad: :laugh:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    When I was 18 my mom bought a man powered tredmill. It was like the fred flinston of tredmills. The belt only moved when someone was walking on it, no electricity to move the belt for you.

Lol! My pops called himself purchasing one of those bad boys back when I was about 12 or 13. Tried it once.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options

Lol! My pops called himself purchasing one of those bad boys back when I was about 12 or 13. Tried it once.
    She bought it used at a yard sale so it was old and very stiff. That thing was a ***** to use!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    about 10 years ago I bought one of the belts that sends and electric currrent to contract your abs. I thought, "hey, I can wear it at work a few days a week and while watching TV." Well, the thing was cheaply made and did not "fire" properly. So I put it on and when nothing happened, I jacked up the level until it clicked on sent me into a spasm on the couch. It hurt so badly that I had trouble moving to get it off. I ended up with electricity burn on my stomach!

I am sorry but this made me LOL :laugh:
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    $50 for all the hot yoga classes I wanted to attend in a month. Turns out the answer was ONE.

Screw you Hot Yoga inventor. :mad: :sad: :laugh:

Priceless!!!!

I bought a Stair Master - loved using it at the gym, but didn't realize the difference in quality (or lack thereof) that $300 gets ya. Used it perhaps 20 times, and then it became an expensive drying rack.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    bought a manual treadmill off ebay for 13 quid, got it home, realised we had no room for it & sold it on ebay a week later for 42 quid. not a bad profit turnaround. the trademill itself was fine, even as a manual, it was a york & fairly new model. It was an impulse purchase but had I room for it I would have kept & used it.

Last Christmas I bought a Wii with Wii fit included, have used it about 4 times, wish I could motivate myself to use it more, maybe when we moved & don't have to worry about downstairs neighbours & have a bit more space but for now it is a very expensive (over 300 quid for the package) waste of energy.