Cabin Fever

Options
briblue72
briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
I was finally able to get out of the house yesterday (after LOTS of chopping, scraping, and shoveling). I have been holed up in my house in Lexington, KY for a week.

No school, businesses closed, lots of people out of power and/or water... it's a mess.

I snapped this picture outside of the *ahem* pizzaria I was *cough* dining at. :laugh:

photo.jpg?t=1233341377

Replies

• briblue72
    Options
    I was finally able to get out of the house yesterday (after LOTS of chopping, scraping, and shoveling). I have been holed up in my house in Lexington, KY for a week.

No school, businesses closed, lots of people out of power and/or water... it's a mess.

I snapped this picture outside of the *ahem* pizzaria I was *cough* dining at. :laugh:

photo.jpg?t=1233341377
  • fit4fun
    fit4fun Posts: 84
    Options
    That is amazing, and beautiful!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Wusses, we get that 5 times a year minimum. :laugh:

I'm just kiddin.

I remember I went to the cotton bowl in texas when I was a kid to watch Doug Flutie play. It snowed in Dallas for the first time in like 10 years that year. It was an inch, but it was hillarious, people skidding all over, guys in the backs of dump trucks, shoveling sand onto the roads, HA! It was something we Massholes wouldn't even think about.
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options

I'm just kiddin.

I remember I went to the cotton bowl in texas when I was a kid to watch Doug Flutie play. It snowed in Dallas for the first time in like 10 years that year. It was an inch, but it was hillarious, people skidding all over, guys in the backs of dump trucks, shoveling sand onto the roads, HA! It was something we Massholes wouldn't even think about.

haha. massholes. :laugh: we have had a tonnn of snow this year!
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    poor lil tree!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

I'm just kiddin.

i have lived in the dallas area for 12 years now. nothing has changed! lol!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

I'm just kiddin.

It's SO true!

They had an "arctic cold front" come in this week and acted like a new ice age was happening! Like something on "The Day After Tomorrow!" :laugh: :laugh:
  • furrflys
    Options
    Wow I thought I had it bad here in texas lol! We had a just a skimming of ice here. Had to bust ice for the farm critters to get to their water for a couple of days. They don't treat our roads with sand or salt so we just stayed in for a couple of days. Hope ya'll have power! Lots of people that got hit don't. Stay warm!!
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Wow for KY that's scary! I'm a Northern Chicago Girl! Love snow and cold for Christmas only... Then it can warm up to the 40's. We broke records this year... 15-17 below Zero without the windchill. Careful Driving! In 25 years My Husband wants to retire and move to Minnesota... I told him good luck he'll be solo! :laugh:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I'm just kiddin.

:laugh: Flutie Flakes!! :laugh:
  • tashjs21
    Options

I'm just kiddin.

It's SO true!

They had an "arctic cold front" come in this week and acted like a new ice age was happening! Like something on "The Day After Tomorrow!" :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe so, but at least we got to miss work for "icy" conditions...if ya'll called in for that they would :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options

I'm just kiddin.

It's SO true!

Maybe so, but at least we got to miss work for "icy" conditions...if ya'll called in for that they would :laugh:
    I was thinking that!! I would never get out of work for "icy" roads. Heck, I've driven in a blizzard because we were expected to come in!! :laugh:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

I'm just kiddin.

It's SO true!

I was thinking that!! I would never get out of work for "icy" roads. Heck, I've driven in a blizzard because we were expected to come in!! :laugh:

WE got off 3 hours early the day before, and got to come in two hours late the next day! all for some roads that resembled ice rinks ~ wooo!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

photo.jpg?t=1233341377

I love that picture! :flowerforyou:
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options

I'm just kiddin.

It's SO true!

But you have to understand when it snows in the deep south, we don't know how to handle it. There are no sand or salt trucks or snow plows to move the snow out of the way. It snowed in Baton Rouge last month for the first time in about 10 years. It was beautiful, but boy was it a mess. I'll take the rain and humidity over freezing cold any day.
    Pam
  • briblue72
    Options
    I grew up in central IL, so I'm somewhat used to ice and snow. I have, however, been living in Vegas for a few years, and it's been a while since I've seen ice this bad. We had about 1 3/4 inch in our yard/driveway. Lots of old trees are down.

But... if this same thing happened in Vegas??? FORGET IT!! People forgot how to operate their vehicles if it sprinkled down there!

It's kind of sunny and a little warmer today, so the ice is starting to melt and I've seen some HUGE chunks fall from powerlines and trees. Hope my Focus can dodge 'em!!
  • TamTastic
    Options

I'm just kiddin.

It's SO true!

And we laugh at ya'll when you start crying when temps hit 90 degrees.
    That all you got Max???wait.gif

90 is JUST fine by me!!

I just hate humidity!!
  • ginajackson
    Options
    I'm sooooo glad it's been fairly warm here in Alabama, especially for January.
  • tashjs21
    Options

I'm just kiddin.

It's SO true!

And we laugh at ya'll when you start crying when temps hit 90 degrees.

Here here!! :drinker: