Ideas for high protein/low carb diet

Options
Hey all, I'm looking to do a 2 weeks diet of high protein and low carbs, as I've hit a plateau weight wise and just cant seem to get those last stubborn 5/6 lbs off! So alongside the diet I'm going to do my usual exercise. So...was wondering if anyone else has done this particular diet and what ideas you could give me for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks?

Replies

• terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    This type of diet is not a quick fix because the weight will come back as soon as you go back to your normal eating habits.

I am a low carber...and have sustained and been successful at this lifestyle change for over a year.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
  • butterflimom
    Options
    *Bump
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    id love to know what foods are low in carbs and high in protein too!
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Have you ever checked into Beachbody Shakeology? Amazing!
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    Hey all, I'm looking to do a 2 weeks diet of high protein and low carbs, as I've hit a plateau weight wise and just cant seem to get those last stubborn 5/6 lbs off! So alongside the diet I'm going to do my usual exercise. So...was wondering if anyone else has done this particular diet and what ideas you could give me for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks?

mmmmm its the "usual exercise" thing that's going to defeat you in the end. and if you up your protein and don't increase the load on your muscles by increasing intensity or duration....for what purpose then?
    you have plateaued most likely because your body has become efficient with what you have been giving it. do you know what your BMR and maintenance calories are going to be after you reach your goal? and what do your macros look like now? perhaps you need to adjust your mix to accomodate your exercise level.
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I like to use the Atkins site:

http://www.atkins.com/browse-recipes-by-all.aspx

I've also done a search on MFP message boards for Low Carbs and there are some great convos. I love bacon and Almonds..

Good luck with your journey!