Oven Roasted Garbanzo Beans

Options
Roasted Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
2 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well

**This is a great snack when I'm craving something like chips.

1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
sea salt or kosher salt to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss chick peas with cayenne pepper and olive oil. Spread out in a single layer on a nonstick jelly roll pan. Place on the center rack of the oven and roast 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.

The chickpeas are done when they are browned and taste crispy. If they're still soft in the center, continue roasting in 5-minute increments until done. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately.

Serves 6-8.

Per serving (based on 6): 208 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein, 3% Vitamin A, 9% Vitamin C, 5% calcium, 11% iron

Replies

• mindyr11
    Options
    Roasted Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
    2 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well

**This is a great snack when I'm craving something like chips.

1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
    2 Tbsp. olive oil
    sea salt or kosher salt to taste
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss chick peas with cayenne pepper and olive oil. Spread out in a single layer on a nonstick jelly roll pan. Place on the center rack of the oven and roast 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.

The chickpeas are done when they are browned and taste crispy. If they're still soft in the center, continue roasting in 5-minute increments until done. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately.

Serves 6-8.

Per serving (based on 6): 208 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein, 3% Vitamin A, 9% Vitamin C, 5% calcium, 11% iron
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :love: :love:

This recipe looks awesome!!!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    They also make a nice crunchy addition to salad. Plus you get some fiber & protein.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I have to try this! I love Garbanzo beans!
  • lincolns
    Options
    Sounds awsome, Thanks!
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    How spicy are these? I like spice for flavor, but not to blow your head off. Just wondering if I should decrease the pepper.
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    Thanks for this! I am so going to try this!
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    wow this sounds really good! Thanks!!!!
  • mindyr11
    Options
    They are pretty spicy. If you don't like spicy I would decrease that amount. I just like them really spicy. I didn't think about that, but decrease that to about 1/2 or more if you don't like spicy.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I've made these, they rock. I cooked mine until all are crunchy. BF didn't like the half-way ones. I used curry powder, nice flavor.
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    I love flavor and kick, just not really spicy. Is there anything else I could put on these that would really good in anybody's opinion? Thanks!
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    OOOO! I put steak seasoning on them, they're cooking right now and they're tasty :bigsmile:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this, but use olive oil cooking spray in place of actual olive oil. I will let you know how it turns out.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Made them with cooking spray instead of olive oil and they turned out great! I didn't measure out the cayenne pepper and I think I went overboard!! My mouth is a little warm...but it encourages water intake! I just used one can of beans in case I didn't like them.

I divided them up into three piles and put them in ziplocs for snacks. Here is the nutritional value without the olive oil, if divided into three servings from one can.

122.5 calories
    2.4g fat
    23.3 carbs
    5.8 grams of fiber
    7g protein

I am going to add it to the data base
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Made them with cooking spray instead of olive oil and they turned out great! I didn't measure out the cayenne pepper and I think I went overboard!! My mouth is a little warm...but it encourages water intake! I just used one can of beans in case I didn't like them.

I divided them up into three piles and put them in ziplocs for snacks. Here is the nutritional value without the olive oil, if divided into three servings from one can.

122.5 calories
    2.4g fat
    23.3 carbs
    5.8 grams of fiber
    7g protein

What are you listing them as?
  • ohthatbambi
    Options

122.5 calories
    2.4g fat
    23.3 carbs
    5.8 grams of fiber
    7g protein

What are you listing them as?

Bambi's oven roasted garbanzo beans with cooking spray...just type in Bambi...I feel sure I am the only one on here and it should come up with some other homemade stuff I have added
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I love this! I went right out and bought some chick peas. I had never eaten them before, but I fight daily to get enough protein, as I don't really like meat. I used a "Greek blend" seasoning. It's in a green canister and comes with all the spices mixed up. They are delicious.

Since I like kidney beans, I also threw some of those on the tray with the garbanzos. The kidney beans kindof taste like the french fries from McDonalds that are crispy and hard. (The sides of the potatoes) These crunchy ones are my favorite!

Thanks for posting your recipe! My kids and husband even like it!