Weird things that made you want to get Healthy.

Options
krissagirl0709
krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
So I was just thinking about this, for the few months before I began this lifestyle change I kept getting sick whether it was the flu or colds I just kept getting sick and feeling miserable but that wasnt exactly what pushed me to push myself to get healthy..I also kept having bad dreams or thoughts that I was getting cancer or diabetes or something really not good to have and was overanalyzing the thoughts and thinking about my kids and how they need to stay together and have a healthy mom...so the thoughts and dreams kind of scared me anyone else have any specific things that pushed you to get healthy?

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I got healthy initially so I could crawl through mud and leap fire. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/263548-warrior-dash-mud-sweat-blood-and-beer-lotsa-pics

But I also used to have recurring dreams that I physically could not run. Couldn't put one foot in front of the other. They were horrible. And they've since stopped. :smile:
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wanting to feel better about myself, not to mention cellulite.
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    yes...I was diagnosed with a gastrointestinal problem. That's what prompted my health move.
  • thumperj2u
    thumperj2u Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Would you believe I had similar dreams and thoughts. That's when I decided to get with the program and get myself as healthy as I possible can. Glad to know I am not the only one with weird thoughts and dreams....lol
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i am worried if a zombie apocalypse happens that I will be an easy target.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Those dreams are your subconscious fears manifesting themselves! Always good to listen to yourself like that! Personally I was diagnosed with MS earlier this year, and this summer finally got tired of not fitting into my regular clothes.
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Would you believe I had similar dreams and thoughts. That's when I decided to get with the program and get myself as healthy as I possible can. Glad to know I am not the only one with weird thoughts and dreams....lol

Yeah its scary! Everyone kept telling me I need to eat healthier and stuff too in my family..not that they were eating healthy either..lol but now its I dont care what they are all doing I decided to diet on my own lol
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    i am worried if a zombie apocalypse happens that I will be an easy target.

In the back of my mind I kind of think the same thing. i mean that hasn't PUSHED me, but I've thought about how with more stamina, I could last a little bit longer against hoards of the undead.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Wanting to get the once or twice overs again from strangers.

Wanting to look great again for my husband.