fell off the wagon, but ready to climb back on!

Options
hey guys - for the past week, I've been letting myself go. my goal weight is 115 pounds and last Friday I was 121... so close... and today I'm 126.5. seeing this number at first made me really upset, but I decided that it's the perfect motivation to get back to where I was! I'm hoping that the excess weight will fall off quickly though :) eating sweets this past week was nice, but now I feel bloated, my skin is awful, and I feel sluggish and tired. I'm ready to start feeling energized and proud of what I'm eating and hopefully reach 115 by Christmas.

basically I just wanted to remind everyone to not give up! and if you do fall off the wagon for a little like I did, don't be afraid to dust yourself off and climb right back on. friend me if you need motivation! hope you all have a great, healthy week.

Replies

• Jennis0212
    Jennis0212 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i was just thinking the same thing. we had a storm and lost power for 4 days so ate A LOT of take out and then with all of the halloween candy its taken me awhile to get back in the swing of things. i am not even allowing myself to go on the scale for at least a full week from today but two weeks would be better. i am so disgusted but i am starting it up again. good luck to you!!!!!

p.s. I wish i was your weight lol
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    That's right! Turn it around and use for motivation.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. Lost my mojo for a few weeks, but as of today I'm right back at it. :)

Yaayyy us!
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    We are all here to give you a hand back on to the wagon. Use this setback as motivation to get back in the game and you will be at the finish line before you know it.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm sure in the long run, you WILL be motivated to get yourself back on track. Welcome back!!!!

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon a couple weeks ago, but got right back on track. Haven't lost anything but I'm still going for my goal weight by end of Nov. of 165 lbs. Then will set another goal after that. Good Luck to you.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I've found that motivation is so critical to success in weight loss or in anything for that matter. In my case, getting motivated to exercise is so hard. I'm not a big eater but have discovered that I've been eating too much even though it hasn't seemed that way. By tracking my food one day I can see that. I don't plan to track my food all the time. I've done that so many times and, while it works, it takes the fun out of life and one has to learn to stay lean without it. And you get to an age when the last thing you want to do is track every bite. But it's so important in helping a person get back on track.

I have a friend who is losing weight simply by cutting back on a few things. It's amazing how easily we can add weight be just going over what we should have by a hundred calories a day or so. Maybe it's a couple TBS of peanut butter or a glass of whole milk or some crackers. But it's so very easy to eat too much and not exercise enough.

A program like this one is so helpful and will be great motivation. I also use the Gain Fitness app and a couple other workout apps that have been very helpful to me. I like to exercise in short bursts and there are lots of apps that are made just for people like me.

So we all fall off the wagon. Like you, I got on the scale after not doing so for a while and was unpleasantly surprised. However, I know my pants have been too tight for a few months. That's always a bad sign.

Hang in there.
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Use that motivation and lose it!!! You can do it