Football Sunday

Options
It is so hard for me to behave myself on Football Sundays. I want beer and wings and neither of them are calorie friendly. At home I can control my food choices better, but tonight I am going out to watch the game and I know that I will be eating at the bar, what could possibly be a good choice (or at least not disastrous choice..lol).
I am leaning towards having a buffalo chicken sandwich instead of wings....I'll still get the wing sauce flavor but on grilled chicken breast vs fried wings. Good choice?
Also, are there any calorie friendly drinks to enjoy at the bar?

Replies

• jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    just get out and work out and have extra calories
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    ya...and also don't get mayo etc. prob save some good calories without the sauce/mayo.

vodka and club soda
    vodka on rocks with lime
    light beer
    liquor and diet soda
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/healthy_low_cal_football_snacks

I hope this helps... you can still enjoy foods you love with a few adjustments!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Some places make guiltless wings. It's just chicken (not breaded) with wing sauce.
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/healthy_low_cal_football_snacks

I hope this helps... you can still enjoy foods you love with a few adjustments!

I will keep this in mind when I entertain. However it doesn't help buddy with going out to a bar with his friends. I always vote for workout harder and enjoy the wings and beer.
  • Brahma22
    Brahma22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions and I will certainly use the recipe ideas when i'm at home. I guess the best way for me to deal with this one is to get out and get some exercise before the game so, I'm off to go for a run/walk so I can go out and enjoy my Steelers guilt free tonight!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    If I knew you were a Pittsburgh fan I would have said have as much beer wings etc as you possibly can..... Just kidding, enjoy the game although I think they are in tough with Baltimore tonight.
  • Brahma22
    Brahma22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LOL....Love my Steelers. It should prove to be a good game tonight.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    not a fan of either team but boy do i look forward to watching them play.
  • rachelw16
    Options
    If I knew you were a Pittsburgh fan I would have said have as much beer wings etc as you possibly can..... Just kidding, enjoy the game although I think they are in tough with Baltimore tonight.

Nothing to contribute, but I wholeheartedly agree with this ;) Love the Ravens, LOL!