Hardest exercise for you?

Options

Replies

• iGlad
    iGlad Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That has to be pull ups as i can't even do one, as i tried last week at the gym quite pathetic really!!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    That has to be pull ups as i can't even do one, as i tried last week at the gym quite pathetic really!!
    I feel ya, I wouldn't be able to do one to save my life hahaha
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    For me too, it's pull up's. Being able to do ONE unassisted is my current fitness goal 8)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    muscle ups, heavy squats & deadlifts.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Restraint. Sometimes it about kills me.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    for all of the JM fans out there....duck walk sucks, leg crosses suck, and and V-ups suck!!!

for all the non JM fans out there....running!!! I can kill myself on the elliptical for 45minutes no prob...but it takes me all of 2minutes while running to feel like I am gonna die!!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for me it's stationary bike. I want to like it and I want to be good/strong on it, but I just can't get over disliking it. I just feel like no matter how hard I try I can't get my heart rate up and it makes my legs ache in weird places that other exercises don't which makes me dial back instead of pushing harder. I think I may make it a goal for the winter since I'm still restricted to low impact exercises due to an injury to get better on the bike.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Lunges are really problematic for me, but two others for me are 1.) Tricep dips [I think that's what they are called], and 2.) Pushups. Not the supposed 'Girly' ones either. I can only do about four or five before I'm on the ground.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Running. Great while I'm doing it, but my hips hurt like whoa afterwards. (and, yes, I stretch afterwards and still am in pain). OUCH! (but it does my body such good that I'm loathe to stop)

I used to get hip pain when running and like you stretching helped only the tiniest bit - turns out I have poor pelvic stability. 3 weeks of physiotherapy and the pain is gone. You, too, can be a runner if you want :)
  • mpbfmom
    mpbfmom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Stair mill! It's the machine that is similar to an escalator...it keeps on going, up and you have to keep up with it. Very tough and I'm usually on it during some high intensity interval training...YIKES!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with regular lunges, but I can't stand jump lunges.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Push-ups and lunges.
    My arms are probably the weakest, more than anything else, right now, but I know what you mean about the lunges!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Lunges...squats also but LUNGES...UGH, can't do it!!!
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    running.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Pushups!
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Any thing that involves my upper body....i'm so weak!!!

Running.....I get bored, out of breath and whiny.

Can't do a single push up to save my life... :(

Used to be able to do pull ups. That is a great fitness goal whoever said that.

Any cardio that involves following an instructor or a dance or something. I'm not able to follow along and always step the wrong way or forget what is going on.

Wow this list is long. Makes me grateful for the stuff I am good at.... ab work, elliptical, anything lower body :D

Gonna go to the gym now and do some upper body work :D
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I want to say something about pushups. Knee pushups and full pushups are both pushups. If you are doing knee pushups, you are doing pushups.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    HIIT. Nothing like looking at the timer and seeing I'm only halfway through an interval and my legs feel like they're gonna fall off. Feeling my heart pounding out of my chest in the 190-200 range is crazy. Can barely even walk when I'm done.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I think they are called 'leg raisers' ... my PT makes me do loads of them.

The first time I had to do them, I could hardly walk the next day!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I want to say something about pushups. Knee pushups and full pushups are both pushups. If you are doing knee pushups, you are doing pushups.

Yes, but full pushups are still harder and require more strength.

That said, while I'm still doing knee pushups, I am stronger and able to do more of them lately!

I dislike jumping jacks! LOL