wow best snack ever

Options
2»

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Nutella is so incredibly unhealthy! It's just sugar and fat.
    And delicious!
    Well, yes, but that's exactly the reason we are all here! Too much giving in to things tasting good but being seriously fattening.
    I'm here for the cake.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My parents immigrated here from Italy. I had Nutella for breakfast with crusty bread (the "traditional" way, also the start of my carb and chocolate addiction, and why I am on this site!) years and years before Nutella was EVER available in the US. On summer vacations to Italy, my mother would smuggle lthe large swingtop glass jars of Nutella so we have some to last part of the year till the next time when we returned to Italy. The Nutella in Italy actually has less sugar and more nuts than the version in the US, surprisingly enough.

Therefore, I view Nutella as the nectar of the gods, lol. I cannot have ANY portion without completely overdoing it! Which I am sure alot of people have the same problem with peanut butter as well.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Try it as an apple dip - yum!
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options

it just depends on your view of things. I have 1tbsp of peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp of nutella when im craving desert or worse, its all in moderation and for me and many others it is a better choice than a chocolate bar, ice cream or cake.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Have you never tried Schwarzwälder Toast!

I thick slice of bread (especially something with nutty seeds or grains or hearty oats. Spread with peanut butter (Whole Earth or Waitrose Essential whoenut). Then spread some Duo Penotti (you can use Nutella if you like, but I don't like it) and then top with some Morello Cherry jam (with whole/half cherry pieces)

Ok, just off for another 50 lengths so that I can enjoy that tasty feast :tongue:
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

It's full of Hazelnuts though (granted so is Squirrel ****, but Nutella spreads better on toast)
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I never claimed it to be a healthy snack just the best snack ever, I thought it was way better then candy or cake, or muffins or a ton of other sweets. Maybe if people indulged a little once and a while when they go off their diet they wont' eat a bunch of crap.

Cant wait to try the banana with it

My snack was over 600 cals < but when you burn over 2000 you got lots to eat if your going to eat your exercise cal back.

not sure what fluff is but sound good too.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Don't try it! It's like smoking--you'll be addicted for life!
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    I never claimed it to be a healthy snack just the best snack ever, I thought it was way better then candy or cake, or muffins or a ton of other sweets. Maybe if people indulged a little once and a while when they go off their diet they wont' eat a bunch of crap.

Cant wait to try the banana with it

My snack was over 600 cals < but when you burn over 2000 you got lots to eat if your going to eat your exercise cal back.

I agree 100% with you! it is a good way to keep from the other treats that lead to over eating in the snack dept.
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Fluff is jarred marshmallows, like the gooey center of a warm marshmallow in spreadable form. If you thought nutella was bad for you... but that stuff is legit delicious! And I must say it's like the holy trinity of snacks when mixed with nutella and peanut butter. Add banana and you could just die from flavor heaven, or sugar overload, whichever.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i like to do a half serving of PB & nutella and dip my apples in it :D
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I gotta "weigh in" (haha -- pardon the pun) on the Nutella discussion. I think anyone who has lost 40 pounds, 60 pounds, even just a few pounds, and they have had Nutella or whatever during their process, I think they ought to just keep on trucking and don't worry about what anyone says about one product or another. If it's working for you, stick with it and don't worry about other people's opinions. Just sayin'. :)

peace
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I remember being 6 years old or so and making my own Nutella by adding Hershey's chocolate syrup to my peanut butter. am I the only one who's ever done that? =)
  • ashley_d78
    ashley_d78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Next time, slice a banana and put that on, too. It will blow your mind.
    then.... put it in a sandwich press.. you will die
    BUT
    nutella has a TON of sugar, and also extremely addicting. ( not that i've ever eaten and entire jar o my self......oh wait, yes i have:blushing:...- use natural peanut butter and almond butter and add a little coco powder! much better!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    I remember being 6 years old or so and making my own Nutella by adding Hershey's chocolate syrup to my peanut butter. am I the only one who's ever done that? =)
    i never went that far, but i used to make pb and chocolate syrup sandwiches ..let the syrup soak into the bread a bit so it doesnt squish out lol grilled them once too
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    The Nutella in Italy actually has less sugar and more nuts than the version in the US, surprisingly enough.
    Not really surprising, actually. Take out the good stuff and replace it with sugar...welcome to North America!

That said....I will add...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Nutella.
  • ashley_d78
    ashley_d78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    throw some bacon on that sandwich and you're golden