If I add powders to my water... will it slow down or stop th

I am just starting this. I have a hard time drinking lots of water on my own. It sounds weird, but after so much water I start to get the gaggy feeling. I want to put crystal light or Great Value mixes in my water. The great value one has ctiric acid, maltodextrin, natural flavor, sodium citrate, aspartame, and less than 2% of some other stuff.

Will this slow down or stop the weight loss?

Replies

• nope! You can still count it as water :]

good luck to you!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Nope.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    I use crystal light. I know its not great for you, but I figure its better than drinking soda! Plus its a little extra treat!
  • it wont slow ya down! not at all! if anything it will help because the extra liquid makes you not so full
  • utgrrl82
    utgrrl82 Posts: 24 Member
    Awesome!! Thank you. I know if I put these in my drink I will do much better with the water thing. That is my first goal.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    When I get tired of drinking just water, I usually add ice and vodka... with a twist.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    I drink my water at different temperatures and I put glacier water drops (liquid mineral supplement from the health food store) it makes the water taste like it is from a mountain stream, especially if it is icy cold. But I have been known to throw in a Crystal Light every now and then. I have been loosing steadily and not noticed any change when I use CL and when I don't.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    You may want to try MiO if the powder becomes to much also. I found that after so much even the powders bothered me. Now a few drops of MiO and it gives just it just enough to give it flavor with out the gag feeling. :-) You will find that at you continue this journey many of your problems many others will have and have come up with creative solutions. Also if you are looking for a more natural solution you can put a piece of fruit in it and this also works wonders. Good luck
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    You may want to try MiO if the powder becomes to much also. I found that after so much even the powders bothered me. Now a few drops of MiO and it gives just it just enough to give it flavor with out the gag feeling. :-) You will find that at you continue this journey many of your problems many others will have and have come up with creative solutions. Also if you are looking for a more natural solution you can put a piece of fruit in it and this also works wonders. Good luck

What is the gag feeling?
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    When I was using crystal light I kept reducing the amount and used just enough to encourage myself to drink.

Then I found TRUE LIME (also true lemon and true orange) Really just dehydrated juice. a healthier way to flavor your water.

I'm not a big fan of aspartamine and other chemical additives.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    When I get tired of drinking just water, I usually add ice and vodka... with a twist.
    I love it when you're helpful Panda...lol
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Herbal teas can be helpful here too - they come in some awesome flavours now. Honey and Lemon, Blueberry, Mixed Berries, Mint, Rooibos Chai, Apple...
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Awesome!! Thank you. I know if I put these in my drink I will do much better with the water thing. That is my first goal.
    I do not like the taste of water at all. So I add Crystal Light and Mio to my water. With the nice taste too it I drink double the water I would without it!
  • You may want to try MiO if the powder becomes to much also. I found that after so much even the powders bothered me. Now a few drops of MiO and it gives just it just enough to give it flavor with out the gag feeling. :-) You will find that at you continue this journey many of your problems many others will have and have come up with creative solutions. Also if you are looking for a more natural solution you can put a piece of fruit in it and this also works wonders. Good luck

What is the gag feeling?

sometimes, the flavor is too much and you can taaste the powder. i have experienced this with a few kinds of drink powders that just taste like nasty powder