Anyone else hate sport?

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
I love exercising, but I have never had the slightest, tiniest interest in team sports. I don't like playing them because I am not a team player, and I don't watch them because I have less than no interest in sitting on my *kitten* watching other people exercise. I'd rather spend the time doing it myself.

Anyone else?

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I cant imagine not enjoying any sports.

i can sit on my *kitten* and watch other people act in movies, tv and i can watch other people exercise as well. its all enjoyable. :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I absolutely love sports :} Played them since I was little
    Play rugby for my university now :]

I am guilty of sitting on my butt watching hockey games xD *shrugs*
  • fteale
    Options
    I cant imagine not enjoying any sports.

i can sit on my *kitten* and watch other people act in movies, tv and i can watch other people exercise as well. its all enjoyable. :)

I admit, I would far rather be on stage myself than watch tv as well. I don't really watch tv at all, but I especially hate sport!
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Same! I think a lot of them are simply ridiculous, too. Like football. Pro football players get SO much money (hell, even the college players at my University get so much money in that they get scholarships), and for what? For being able to catch and kick well? For being able to tackle well? I don't care how well you can play football, you have to realize that it's FOOTBALL. I can't stand how much value is placed on it.
    Swimming is not a team sport, but that one, too.
    I hate it when we reward people for doing normal things FAST.

There are a few sports, tennis, for example, that I think are worth recognition. Not that I think pro tennis players should be payed that much. Or that people "should" be entertained by watching tennis. I just find it infinitely more commendable than many other sports.

There are countless people who love watching team sports (and often while eating, haha) who also hate exercising. I find this ironic, but to each his own I suppose.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I love exercising, but I have never had the slightest, tiniest interest in team sports. I don't like playing them because I am not a team player, and I don't watch them because I have less than no interest in sitting on my *kitten* watching other people exercise. I'd rather spend the time doing it myself.

Anyone else?

Oh noes! I am totally the opposite. I find it hard to exercise as there is no winner and loser. Yes, yes, you can rationalize that you are a winner by getting healthy, etc, but that isn't really winning.

How about singles tennis or golf?
  • fteale
    Options

There are countless people who love watching team sports (and often while eating, haha) who also hate exercising. I find this ironic, but to each his own I suppose.

I know! I know a lot of people who seem to think sitting in a pub with a few pints watching football = sport, as if they are actually burning calories by watching it. I find the football/beer interface very weird. Get fat and paralytic while watching really fit people run around! Yay!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Wish I had a team to play a sport with -- particularly baseball or softball. I love the distraction and fun that it provides, along with the healthy competitive aspect. I find working out alone quite boring.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • fteale
    Options

Anyone else?

Oh noes! I am totally the opposite. I find it hard to exercise as there is no winner and loser. Yes, yes, you can rationalize that you are a winner by getting healthy, etc, but that isn't really winning.

How about singles tennis or golf?

I actually quite liked golf for the couple of months I played, but it's not remotely exercise is it?? It's just a walk with some purpose. Not that I have time these days with the children and uni anyway. And tennis is my absolute worst sport of all time. Except maybe swimming.

I love running, I love rowing, I love aerobics, and cycling and walking, I'd love to try zumba. I even quite liked lifting weights back when I did it. I just don't do team sports! Nor do I have any interest in starting. This wasn't a "find me a sport I like" thread. I like EXERCISE, I will never like sports. I have no team spirit or pack mentality.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wow I am a weirdo and I now have company :indifferent: I don't like tv, or sports.:drinker:
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nope I don't understand how you don't like team sports! Ugh my idea of a perfect afternoon is cool weather, good food, friends and family and football! Awesome times.
  • fteale
    Options
    Wow I am a weirdo and I now have company :indifferent: I don't like tv, or sports.:drinker:

Hurray! A kindred spirit!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Sport is the opium of the masses (as long as they are male and straight :laugh)

I'm not a sports fan in any way shape or form. I love exercising and I love watching rugby players... I emphasise rugby PLAYERS. Don't give a flying whatsit who wins :laugh:

I cannot imagine spending 2-3hours watching a football match, tennis match, grand prix race, etc

Sure it's always on in the background in the pub at the weekend, but I'd rather be having a good old chinwag or else playing Trivial Pursuit on the quiz machine :bigsmile:
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am not a competitive person at all, though.
    I think if you aren't then it can be difficult to enjoy watching competitive sports.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I do not participate in sports because I am very uncoordinated and would probably be a poor addition to any team. I think the point in playing those games is trying to win.

I do enjoy watching sports, though. I am good at appreciating the athletic ability of others.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Same! I think a lot of them are simply ridiculous, too. Like football. Pro football players get SO much money (hell, even the college players at my University get so much money in that they get scholarships), and for what? For being able to catch and kick well? For being able to tackle well? I don't care how well you can play football, you have to realize that it's FOOTBALL. I can't stand how much value is placed on it.
    Swimming is not a team sport, but that one, too.
    I hate it when we reward people for doing normal things FAST.

There are a few sports, tennis, for example, that I think are worth recognition. Not that I think pro tennis players should be payed that much. Or that people "should" be entertained by watching tennis. I just find it infinitely more commendable than many other sports.

they get paid so much because millions and millions of people enjoy watching them play. just like a musician. they get paid a lot if they have a lot of fans(in general) same with a movie star.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Nope I don't understand how you don't like team sports! Ugh my idea of a perfect afternoon is cool weather, good food, friends and family and football! Awesome times.

This

My 4 year old daughter knows it too. A month ago we walked outside and she said "mommy, it's football weather" :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

This

My 4 year old daughter knows it too. A month ago we walked outside and she said "mommy, it's football weather" :)

you have raised her well!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Sport is the opium of the masses (as long as they are male and straight :laugh)

I'm not a sports fan in any way shape or form. I love exercising and I love watching rugby players... I emphasise rugby PLAYERS. Don't give a flying whatsit who wins :laugh:

I cannot imagine spending 2-3hours watching a football match, tennis match, grand prix race, etc

Sure it's always on in the background in the pub at the weekend, but I'd rather be having a good old chinwag or else playing Trivial Pursuit on the quiz machine :bigsmile:

yay rugby! :heart: :heart:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Pro football players get SO much money (hell, even the college players at my University get so much money in that they get scholarships), and for what? For being able to catch and kick well? For being able to tackle well? I don't care how well you can play football, you have to realize that it's FOOTBALL. I can't stand how much value is placed on it.
    They generate millions in revenue, driving ticket and merchandising sales. Why shouldn't they get a fat cut of what comes in? Nobody begrudges an artist that makes millions from their talent. Why should anyone begrudge a professional athlete that makes millions from their talent?