Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How about for children?

ShrinkingMel
ShrinkingMel Posts: 15
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I was wondering if anyone is aware of a site that you can track this sort of thing for children. I certainly do not mean in a "I want to watch their weight" way, in fact I think it would be helpful for me to have a tool to make sure they are eating enough of the proper foods for their age groups... does such a thing exist?

Replies

• I was wondering if anyone is aware of a site that you can track this sort of thing for children. I certainly do not mean in a "I want to watch their weight" way, in fact I think it would be helpful for me to have a tool to make sure they are eating enough of the proper foods for their age groups... does such a thing exist?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Here's the link to the pyramid food guide for kids that shows how much from each food group they should be eating.

http://mypyramid.gov/kids/

or

http://kidshealth.org/kid/stay_healthy/food/pyramid.html

Hope that helps!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    I've actually been wanting something like this for my toddler. I eat balanced, but I want to make sure he is too, since he doesn't always eat what we eat and has a curious aversion to veggies. :tongue:

Thanks for the links. :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    I've actually been wanting something like this for my toddler. I eat balanced, but I want to make sure he is too, since he doesn't always eat what we eat and has a curious aversion to veggies. :tongue:

Thanks for the links. :smile:

It's tough when they're toddlers and *picky*. Have you read the Deceptively Delicious book by Jessica Seinfeld?? I thought it was interesting, she uses a lot of purees to *sneak* in healthy foods to her kids. My kids just know that they have to eat their veggies and thankfully they love fruits and other healthy foods!

I also bought a dry erase board chart that has dairy, meat, veggie, fruit, grain, etc and they can check off each category (my kids are a little older though). HTH!
  • Thank you for the links!

I do have Jessica Seinfeld's book; however I was a bit disappointed at how many recipes used pureed cauliflower... I know it's a vegetable but to me there are more veggies out there that have more nutrients in them? I try to sneak food in here and there, not in Kraft dinner like she does LOL but in other ways.

When my first was young I went to a conference call "The Wonderful World of Feeding Kids" and it was the best thing I ever went to because it taught about our role as parents is to offer the food and at what times, but it's the child's role to decide what to eat and how much. I've gone by this ideal ever since my first started solid food. The problem is... are they picking enough of the good stuff? haha
This discussion has been closed.