Insight?

Options
edit

Replies

• jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think you also need to look at the content of what you're eating.

Although 1200 calories is 1200 calories, I think your body would respond better to 1200 well balanced calories, then 1200 calories in twinkies and potato chips.
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you are truely only eating 1200 calories and are actually overweight, you might want to take a look to see if you are on any medications. When I first started counting calories, I was so frusterated that nothing was changing. Then I realized it was because I was on meds that made me gain weight. I got off of them, and the weight didn't come off immediately, but I was actually making progress when I counted calories and excersized. If you are already thin, that might be a reason you aren't losing weight as well. The heavier you are, the more you lose.
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Firstly if you have been working on your feet all day then you can't count your shifts as exercise because your body is used to it. You would have to do dedicated exercise to ahve a difference. Secondly, the choices you make with your calories can make a difference. Your body knows what to do with an apple, or cheese or chicken. It doesn't know what to do with a processed, chemical laden fast food dinner so it will more likely to be stored as fat. Drink lots of water, you can eat healthily on a low budget, you juat have to get a little more creative but pasta, tuna, eggs, milk, rice, chicken are all fairly low $$ foods :)
  • Letty17
    Options
    Hi girl,

I suggest you try to evaluate a little bit of your food intake. For example, eat more lean proteins, more fiber (veggies), and healthy fats... as they will help you burn more fat....that's my humble opinion...good luck :)
  • jule_sea
    Options
    One statement... Garbage in garbage out. What you are putting into your body, the type of calories does matter.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone jumps to the conclusion that I'm eating complete crap.. no. I never said that. But 1200 calories is pretty low and I haven't even waited that long. Maybe I'm not being patient enough. I drink plenty of water, by the way. If I set myself to sedentary, that actually DOESN'T take my job into account. If I enter "lighty active," it allows me about 1500 calories. So, obviously, eating only 1200 would make a difference, logically. Everyone is always very judgmental and ready to jump at people and act so high and mighty on these forums! I was hesitant to even ask about it for that exact reason. Thank you anyway!
  • futiledevices
    Options
  • fightingforfiftyfive
    Options
    I'm not concerned with WHAT I'm eating.. I'm only counting calories.

What does this mean then?
  • futiledevices
    Options
    I'm not concerned with WHAT I'm eating.. I'm only counting calories.

What does this mean then?

It could mean a variety of things! For example:
    that what I'm eating is fine! and I want to count my calories.