Question about Festivus Dinner

Options
cobracars
cobracars Posts: 949 Member
This year I'm planning on hosting Festivus Dinner at my house but I have a few questions maybe you all can help me with.

1) should I stick with traditional meatloaf, or would it be a faux pas to try to doctor up the recipe a bit to make it a little more healthy? Like no-sodium salt, tofu meat substitute, etc.

2) what kind of side dishes would go well with the meatloaf?

3) Is the Airing of Grievances done before the meal, like giving thanks at Thanksgiving?

:drinker:

Replies

• mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Calories burned during the feats of strength should offset any unhealthyness of the meatloaf.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think you would have an issue with the pole if you used tofu. Guest get very upset over these things.

Maybe a bit of ketchup??

Do you think cauliflower mashed would be ok?:huh:
  • cobracars
    Options
    I think you would have an issue with the pole if you used tofu. Guest get very upset over these things.

Maybe a bit of ketchup??

Would that be the ketchup from the bottle that has both ketchup and mustard together?
    Cauliflower is an excellent idea, but traditionalists might object...hmmm
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Festivus for the Rest of Us!
  • cobracars
    Options
    Yeah, I scored a vintage Festivus Pole on Ebay..in the original box! Made in USA, those made-in China poles just don't have the same sentimental feeling.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Maybe a bit of ketchup??

Would that be the ketchup from the bottle that has both ketchup and mustard together?
    Cauliflower is an excellent idea, but traditionalists might object...hmmm

:love: I will add the mustard/ketchup bottle to my list and nix the sneaky cauliflower.