Breakfast & Treat Ideas

Options
I need varity people, otherwise I binge on the bad stuff. Processed foods & sugar.. I get sick of oatmeal, yoguart, eggs. I need some ideas! Also treats for those sweet night time cravings, I need healthy ideas!
Any thoughts,
Jayme

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I know that you said you're sick of yogurt but if you mix plain greek yogurt with sugar free/ fat free cheesecake pudding mix and a little splenda or sugar free syrup (I use torani SF white chocolate syrup)... let it set up for a little while in the fridge..then top with mixed berries or sugar free cherry pie filling and it tastes (sort of ) like cheesecake but much healthier.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    One Baker's semi-sweet chocolate square, melted, mixed with two tablespoons of peanut butter
  • kcpizzaqueen
    kcpizzaqueen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the fiber 1 90 calorie brownies??
  • dsc32209
    dsc32209 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a few vanilla wafers when I have a sweet tooth. I also make a baked apple with raisins and diet cherry cola. It is an old weight watchers recipe.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Marshmallows+cheerios+peanut butter+microwave= yum! :D
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My new favorite thing is slicing apples thin, then putting on peanut butter and a very thin little slice of sharp cheddar (from a block) on each slice and broiling for a few minutes until cheese is all melted and the entire thing is hot. It cooks the apples and makes the peanut butter all meltey, and it's this perfect sweet and savory snack. Not too bad on calories too (depending on how much of each component you use, of course)! You could easily just omit the cheese and then you still get this delicious hot baked apple flavor with melted peanut butter (but I far prefer the peanut butter-cheddar flavor combination).
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had a sweet treat craving and didn't think I had anything in the house to satisfy it... but I had specifically purchased Special K Chocolately Goodness cereal for just this purpose... and it worked great!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I warm up some peanut butter and dip banana chunks in it. It's lovely.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of having lunch or dinner foods for breakfast, if you're sick of standard breakfast foods?

Also: CADA: process together a small handful of dessicated coconut, one small apple, a handful of pitted dates and a handful of almonds.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Halloween candy, half-price at the store.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Nature Valley has a new snack that's really good and will satisfy a chocolate/sweet craving - they are called Granola Thins w/ dark chocolate or peanut butter - 1 square 80 calories. Also, hummus and cut up veggies or Kashi Pita Chips, string cheese, Fruit, Kosher Dills (0 cals), pistachios. Sabra has some great dips as well.

For breakfast I'm eating instant oatmeal and adding raisins and craisins (10 of each) only 175 cals - Someone mentioned making it with Almond milk to make it a bit sweeter, I'm gonna give it a try.

Hope that helps.
  • revnica
    Options
    Tonight I had a sweet treat craving and didn't think I had anything in the house to satisfy it... but I had specifically purchased Special K Chocolately Goodness cereal for just this purpose... and it worked great!
    best cereal ever!!!!
  • Tyler477
    Tyler477 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:

sara lee 45 cal wheat bread toasted -45 cals
    1/2 cup pinto beans heated topped with garlic powder and salt ( I make mine from dried in the crock pot) -120 cals
    5 egg whites- 85 cals

put the beans on the toast, then top with egg whites. I love it with tobasco or other hot sauce... 34 grams of protein and fills you up for hours! oh, and did I mention 250 calories??

100 calorie treat:

45 cal toast w/ tiny bit butter -55 cals

1/2 tbl jam - 30 cals

2 tbl cool whip -25 cals

jam on toast with butter and top with cool whip it's like a pastry for 100 cals!! I have this late night with a massive glass of ice water ALWAYS does the trick
  • joannashaw
    Options
    Currently addicted to protein pudding recipe I found: Greek yogurt, tbs peanut butter, scoop choc whey protein powder..amazing and filling! Unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon. Dark chocolate, and it is good for you, in moderation of course:) also try adding some coconut to your oatmeal, makes a nice change.
  • JFunchion
    Options
    The pudding idea in the Greek Yogurt sounds AMAZING! I forgot to mention I'm alergic to Gluten! So the bread Ideas & cereals are not an option!!! But thank you all for the suggestions! I think I just need to take what I have and TWIST it up a bit!!!!!!
  • joannashaw
    Options
    Here's another recipe, protein cookies:
    1 egg lightly beaten
    1.5 cups natural pb
    .5 cup almond meal flour
    1.5 scoop whey protein, any flavor
    .5 cup stevia (I added no sweetener at all, and still were awesome)
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp baking soda

Mix all ingredients together. Form 16-20 small balls, place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 12 min @ 350, will fluff up a bit. They also freeze well.