THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

Options
I cannot seem to get to my 1200 calories a day!!!!

Here is the delimma, I am doing my 30 day shred right...so I'm exercising every day for 30 min. on that freggin' thing, which means that counts against my consumed 1200 cals a day, which means I NEVER EAT ENOUGH, eventhough i'm eating all day. I dont want to eat something just to eat it if i'm not hungry.

Today's meals as follows:

Apple Cinn. Instant Oatmeal (1 pkg) 110 cal
Snack: Yogurt Light and Fit Dannon 80 cal
Lunch: 12 california rolls of sushi 360 cal
Snack: Apple 65 cal
Dinner: Scallops with white rice and corn on the cobb 317 cals total
Snack: snickers bar (must have when aunt flow comes to town!) 100 cal

1032 calories consumed. What am i to do with the rest? I need to exercise!!!! this sux!:grumble: :grumble:

Replies

• Summarain
    Summarain Posts: 145
    Options
    I cannot seem to get to my 1200 calories a day!!!!

Here is the delimma, I am doing my 30 day shred right...so I'm exercising every day for 30 min. on that freggin' thing, which means that counts against my consumed 1200 cals a day, which means I NEVER EAT ENOUGH, eventhough i'm eating all day. I dont want to eat something just to eat it if i'm not hungry.

Today's meals as follows:

Apple Cinn. Instant Oatmeal (1 pkg) 110 cal
    Snack: Yogurt Light and Fit Dannon 80 cal
    Lunch: 12 california rolls of sushi 360 cal
    Snack: Apple 65 cal
    Dinner: Scallops with white rice and corn on the cobb 317 cals total
    Snack: snickers bar (must have when aunt flow comes to town!) 100 cal

1032 calories consumed. What am i to do with the rest? I need to exercise!!!! this sux!:grumble: :grumble:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Goodness, I can all that before breakfast! :bigsmile:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    meant lunch! I don't get up that early.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Add a whole wheat roll with butter to your dinner, some fruit and a glass of milk to breakfast and bulk up your snacks- like try crackers and cheese, or nuts, or something healthy, but high calorie. You're really not eating enough, especially if you're exercising too.
    Options
    Well you are making great choices but what about some tuna mixed with mayo, cheese, and relish with some crackers for a snack. What about adding some granola to the yogurt, String cheese, cottage cheese, 4oz. baked chicken breast. Sometimes you need to choose items that is good for you and also have the calories.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I see so many go through this and so did I, LOL!! You are fine, just eat a handful of almonds or walnuts here and there during the day:wink: Something high calorie, healthy but not too bulky so you don't feel like you're filling your tummy to "stuffed":happy: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Also, you can up your calories during any meal by eating a higher calorie food. No big deal, you can do it:wink:

denise in OR
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Add a banana to your oatmeal (120 calories)
    Add granola to the yogurt (about 100 calories)
    Add a small salad with olive oil/salad dressing to lunch (about 120 calories)
    Have some peanut butter with your apple (1 tablespoon 100 calories)

Or skip the salad and have 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with your apple.

that adds about 400 calories to your day which takes you up to the 1200 and makes up for your burned exercise calories.

It also adds some fruit, veggies, protien and essential fats into your nutritional profile.
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    Someone on here recommended this and i tried it last night its soo amazing and will probably help with TTOM and calories. Add a tablespoon of peanut butter to hot cocoa. Make it with full fat milk and that adds even more. I make mine with real cocoa and vanilla its very rich and satisfying and can help your calories add up.

Add a hanful of almonds or toast with peanut butter ( one of my favorite snacks) or an oz of full fat cheese.

You could add peanut butter or nuts and dried fruit to your oatmeal also.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, almonds, cheese, hommus, whole wheat crackers (like triscuts or wheat thins), Whole wheat pasta, any kind of whole grain breads.

Man there's so many things I can't even think of any.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    LOL, metoo:wink: I think I came into this thinking I had to be so careful to eat "low calorie" everything. Now I eat no low cal and just try for all nutrients(5 food groups)and in portions measured in accordance with my caloric needs:)

denise in OR:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

meant lunch! I don't get up that early.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Good for you girl!!! Im with you! denise in OR

Someone on here recommended this and i tried it last night its soo amazing and will probably help with TTOM and calories. Add a tablespoon of peanut butter to hot cocoa. Make it with full fat milk and that adds even more. I make mine with real cocoa and vanilla its very rich and satisfying and can help your calories add up.

Add a hanful of almonds or toast with peanut butter ( one of my favorite snacks) or an oz of full fat cheese.

You could add peanut butter or nuts and dried fruit to your oatmeal also.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem as you do !!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If you like avocado add some of that too - healthy fats and soooo good!
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Ok so up fyour food, first of all more protein, chicken breat
    have 2 packets of oatmeal in A.M.
    add a peice of toast
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    After looking at what you ate it seems your not eating enough fruits and vegetables..try having fruit with breakfast and fruits or veggies with every snack..you may be able to get more calories that way. Some other good ideas are peanut butter ,hummus and nuts and legumes.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hey, quit bragging. :laugh: No probs over here eating that's for sure. The more you eat, the better you'll lose if you're active and make wise choices-which you seem to be!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Add some fruits and veggies. Drink a V8. You definitely need more of that in your diet.

Add a small amount of nuts to your breakfast or sometime during the day. That'll add up fast.