New to the crew..

Options
mmkay.. so I'm new and I'm not super excited about dieting because I LOVE to eat, but it's time to be healthier. I'm going to be 30 in April... that's my goal to be back in my "skinny jeans" which I haven't been able to wear since I was 25. It's depressing not being able to wear most of the things in my closet. The big push recently is I had a little boy 9 months ago. I gained about 110lbs while carrying him. I had toxemia and I was borderline with gestational diabetes towards the end. I've lost 42lbs since then, (plus 30lbs from the beginning so altogether about 72lbs but I needed to lose weight before I got pregnant), with very scattered dieting and exercise, but it's time to get serious about it. SO yeah here I am.. for real, ready to be healthy.

Replies

• phrsdev
    Options
    Hi , I am also new, have 2 kids 8 and 12 yrs of age. have many different sizes in my closet, have kept gaining wt. for the last 12 yrs but feel excited about this because it is new, but am afraid of failure at the same time.
  • karojax
    Options
    It's my opinion that failure is also often a curious way of winning as long as you learn from it.. and as long as we're doing this for the right reasons, we'll rock it. I have faith in us. :D
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    welcome..you can do it =)
  • HJOHNSON33
    HJOHNSON33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp... You will do great!!
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've only been on about 2 weeks and I feel better just paying attention to what I put in my mouth. Its making a big difference to have accountability.. Add me as a friend if you'd like. Congrats on your little man, he's a cutie!
  • karojax
    Options
    Thank you!! :D I'm hopeful. :)
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    welcome!