I need support!!!

Options
I have been working on weight loss for a while now...my pattern is do really well for a few weeks...see results and then i start having more things then i should. then i get frustrated and feel guilty. this is where i currently live. i feel like health is so important, and i want the body that i had a few years ago back!!! i like my body for the most part, i really just want to lean out and have more muscle show through. i am promising myself that i will do it!!! any kind words or success stories are highly appreciated!!!

Replies

• Rain_Howard
    Options
    Anything I can do to support you or motivate you.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard the nursery rhyme song: Happiness runs in a circular motion, love is but a litle boat upon the sea, everybody needs a little sunshine everyday, you can have it all if you let yourself see!
    You have seen the pattern, now steer your boat. Without ups and downs we would not be human, and without others we would not survive.
    I can be a support for you if you would like. Feel free to friend me.
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the people I know with the best success have a support system.

For me, this is my TEAM class at Lifetime Fitness. Having the trainer look at my MFP input and tell me where my nutrition can improve is major (just staying under calories really isn't enough). The strength training 2x/week and cardio 1/week is a great place to start. The muscle starts to show, the body fat % goes down and you just start to lean out.. I added two days of water aerobics just for a change of pace and a "light workout" after the days of lifting. Then my pants started to fall off and I had to buy smaller ones, and a new belt.

Then I hit the plateau. It got frustrating and I took the trainer's advice and had a cortisol test done. Found out that it's too high in the morning, so am taking a (short term) suppliment to help. Added extra exercise on the weekends. Broke the plateau.

Having friends tell you you're tiny (even though you don't feel it) is awesome. Discovering you drown in your XXL tshirts is inspiring. Realizing tops you felt were tight/fat revealing a year ago you're now saying look baggy... priceless.
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    I sooo understand the difficulty with staying motivated. What's working for me right now is having a fitness goal. I have signed up for a series of 8 races (6 5Ks, 1 mile race & 1 8K) and keeps me going. I'm in a competition not only with the others doing the series but with myself. I get out and exercise because I know I need to be ready for the next race.

Try setting a fitness goal

Good luck