"Life's New Journey" November Challenge Week 2

Options

Replies

• luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Donna~How many power knees are required for Weds challenge?

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. I am thinking at least 50 each leg.

Donna
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Question: Yesterday was my weigh in day with my nutritionist but I've been having some TOM issues that have cleared up so decided to check my weight today and I was down another pound and a half. Is it "cheating" to record that weight as well? I have gained and lost the same two and a half pounds since I started a month ago and have made some big changes so was very excited to see more of a drop. What do you think? Also, it got me out of the 160's which I've been in for a long time.
    What do you all think?
  • allie0630
    Options
    Question: Yesterday was my weigh in day with my nutritionist but I've been having some TOM issues that have cleared up so decided to check my weight today and I was down another pound and a half. Is it "cheating" to record that weight as well? I have gained and lost the same two and a half pounds since I started a month ago and have made some big changes so was very excited to see more of a drop. What do you think? Also, it got me out of the 160's which I've been in for a long time.
    What do you all think?:smile:
    OOPS posted twice...sorry :blushing:
  • allie0630
    Options
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Monday's Mini Challenge _ all I did was stay below my calorie limit.

My comfort food to give up for today was going to be coffee and I was going to have tea today instead, then I left my to go cup sitting on the kitchen counter. Fail. haha.
    Working on the jumping jacks now.
  • luvs_choc8
    Options

I think you had a really good weight loss without that pound and a half and that you should save it as a jump start on next week. Next week should be a super week.
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options

I think you had a really good weight loss without that pound and a half and that you should save it as a jump start on next week. Next week should be a super week.

I was going to say the same thing! :)

For today's mini challenge:

food: I can't give up anything... it just goes against my grain... everything in moderation is my motto! ;)
    Cardio: jumping jacks done plus I ran stairs for 5 minutes
    Strength: tricep kickbacks done!
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Monday Mini Challenge: Food (under the goal)
    Cardio (3-mile run)
    Strength(100 crunches; traditional,reversed, and oblique crunches)
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Tuesday Mini Challenge:
    Food- Give up one of your comfort or must have foods for the full day and maybe continue the whole week.
    Cardio- Do 100 jumping jacks throughout the day
    Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 tricep kickbacks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO81bExngMI&feature=relmfu

Donna

food-I gave up the one a day chips ahoy cookie! lol Replaced that with applesauce and sliced pickled beets. lol
    Cardio- CHECK!
    Strength- Check! I also did 40 pushups (I can finally do 10 full ones!!!), 25 bicycle crunches, 25 reverse crunches, 25 bird dogs, and 25 weighted lunges. =D

Think I did farely well today, and my weight is finally beginning to flow in the right direction! I hope to be back to 186 sometime soon! Would be nice to get back to that by the end of the week, but we'll see...:grumble:
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Food-Ok. I haven't eatten my fav peanut butter cookies (Lance Nekot Peanut Butter Cookie) all day. Let's just say time better hurry up or sleep better come on here cause I'm craving. Give up one of your comfort foods...checked so far with a hour and 9 mins left.

Cardio-100 jumping jacks...check (calfs feeling tighter) I also jogged 36min and walk 36min.

Strength- 10 sets of tricep kickbacks...check

Let's get read for tomorrow. Keep up the good work everyone. Remember your goal and go after it!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Results from Tuesday Mini Challenge:

Food- Give up one of your comfort or must have foods for the full day and maybe continue the whole week.
    ~I decided to give up junk food today. I almost gave into chocolate cake but I didnt. So, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Cardio- Do 100 jumping jacks throughout the day ~Done! (4 sets of 25)

Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 tricep kickbacks~No
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    I've been staying under with calories and hitting the gym!!!! I'm hoping to have a big loss this week.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!!! :smile:
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Tuesday's challenge:
    Food - stayed under calories - just squeaked by. I don't know why I have been so hungry lately.
    Cardio - fit in 20 minutes on the elliptical
    Strength - 60 minute intense full body weightlifting class

Today is going to be tough. I have a party after work. I will try to squeeze in a short walk on my lunch. I will probably go over on my calories but I will try to make good choices.
  • allie0630
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Tuesday challenge:
    Food--over on calories (but not too much) I've been so hungry for the past few days too. Not sure why!
    Cardio: made excuses for not going for walk even though it was 60 degrees out :huh:
    Strength: did strength test at gym and it showed some improvement.

I am really struggling with consistency in my exercise but food has been a good change. Have a great day everyone!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning All Challengers,

I hope everybody is doing well. By the posts it looks like everybody is getting up and moving and watching watch they eat. Proud of everybody. Give yourself high 5's

The results are in for the first week. Congratulations to everyone. Drum roll please ~~~~~~~~

Individual Winners

Livelygirl91104 -2.97% -7.0lbs
    tyandgil -2.15% -3.8lbs
    sangelic -2.12% -4.5lbs
    mamagoat1 -1.98% -4.0lbs
    kathas0trophal -1.80% -4.4lbs
    jumpandtouchthesky -1.77% -3.6lbs
    sigsone -1.46% -3.0lbs
    jbreilly -1.42% -2.0lbs
    audirain -1.36% -2.6lbs
    moncrief.cassandra -1.33% -2.6lbs

Team Winners

Booty Busters -0.93%
    Pound Droppers -0.87%
    Journey to Lose -0.63%
    Waist Watchers -0.58%
    Muffin Top Stoppers -0.42%

Quote of the Day:
    Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process. This is the journey that will change the rest of our lives. We are in this together. We will succeed.

Hope you have a great day,

Keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile:

Donna
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    com on girls we can do much better. Lets kick *kitten* ;-)
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Come on Lovehandle Losers. This week we need to be in the top teams!
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Wednesday Mini Challenge:
    Food- Try to prepare from scratch everything you eat today. If it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare or comes in a box, chances are it is not the healthiest.
    Cardio- power knees http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U6AVmC9C8U
    Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 squats

Donna

So far so excellent! Apparently my weight gain did spar from my new dieting habits because already I am back too 188!! I should be back at my starting weight in no time!

Food- not completely done but I did make my own omelet this morning. Thinking of keeping my snacks low key with some fruits and whatnots.
    Cardio- did 100 power knees on each leg. Started feeling it at 65. =P
    Strength: CHECK! And some other stuff. =]

Overall, I think I'm getting back on the good foot! So excited that my weight is finally going in the RIGHT direction. :laugh:
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    Come on Lovehandle Losers. This week we need to be in the top teams!

I highly enjoy this! I wish there was a "Like" button!

P.S. I feel like I have been STARVING lately! I see a few others are experiencing this too..what should we do if we are still hungry but have reached our calorie limit and it's still early in the evening? That happened to me yesterday and I ended up binging on Honeycomb cereal! Like....3 bowls of it... :noway:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Good Job Journey to Lose!

JessStone2 :flowerforyou:
    Lippis :flowerforyou:
    losemybabyweight :flowerforyou:
    loveme445
    luvmybeebees :flowerforyou:
    missmo248 :flowerforyou:
    PG63 :flowerforyou:
    sangelic :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: (2 for you because you made it to the top 10!)

Let's try to stay in the top 5 as a group & a couple more of us make it to the Individual Top 10. WE CAN DO IT!!! :drinker: (water)