Any slow loser success stories?

Options

Replies

• sahalcomb
    sahalcomb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just keep telling myself that I didn't get fat overnight and I'm not going to get skinny overnight. Permanent change takes time, hard work, and dedication.

I :heart: :heart: :heart: this! ....& it's so true! I've lost 31 since July, but have slowed down a lot the past month! Just gotta keep at it! Good Luck! & don't give up! :smile:
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    What do you consider slow? Apparently many people think 1 pound a week is slow, but I would disagree.

I agree with you there, but I think with all the "challenges" ie. to lose 20 lbs in November, etc. that 1 pound a week IS considered slow...
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45lbs in the past year. I'm still about 25 away from my goal weight, but I'm getting there. Slow is the right way to go.
  • grasshopper7780
    Options
    I am a slow loser success story. I originally joined WW in 2002 and lost 35lbs, took about 8 months or so. Then I stayed there for about a while, adjusting to it and moved to a new city, took up running and lost another 15 over the course of another year. I've maintained that 50 lb lost since 2005 so all in all it took me about 3 years to get where I wanted to be. I think that is part of why I have been able to keep it off. Now I have put on 8 recently so getting back on track to get it off but I know it will cause I know what to do. Keep faith in the process and you will get there :smile:
  • bogotachica
    Options
    I am a slow looser....As of last week I have lost 18.8lbs in 18 weeks. So just a tad over a pound a week. It is very slow and some days are frustrating. But it is still 18 less than I was!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Not myself personally but I have a friend who lost 80+ lbs but it took a year. Just go at ur own pace. :)

80 in a year is fast ;). Just sayin'. :-)
  • NovemberJune
    Options
    What do you consider slow? Apparently many people think 1 pound a week is slow, but I would disagree.
    THIS! I think 1 lb per week is excellent. NOT slow. :)
  • NovemberJune
    Options
    THIS! I think 1 lb per week is excellent. NOT slow. :)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I think its best to lose weight slowly. I've only lost a lb a week so far. But i know that its all fat because my muscles have grown and my arms and waist are already smaller (i've only lost 5 lbs so far). I think its just a slow and steady process. C:
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm a very slow loser. I began my new lifestyle change on 12/30/10 and I just lost my 33rd pound! I didn't lose but 9 pounds the first seven months. The rest of my weight has come off since July. That was when I found out I was hypoglycemic and had an underactive thyroid. I had to completely change my eating habits again from what I THOUGHT was healthy but found out wasn't. Although it wasn't as hard to make the latter change because I had made so many in the first six months. In reality, it will probably take me a total of two years to take the weight off. I'm not even halfway to my goal yet, but I feel so much better. I'm in it for good so it really doesn't matter what the scales say. I can't go back. It's no longer an option.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    First 30 lbs, took 6 mos.
    Got derailed by bereavement, took a year off.
    Next 20 lbs took another 6 mos.
    Stuck there for almost a year,
    thirty more over the course of this last year.

3 years, 80 lbs, it's been worth the wait!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Before i hit 30 i could lose weight so easily. Now that im almost 32 that has really changed! I did weight watchers and didnt work out and still managed to lose 40 lbs really fast. I started MFP in July and im just now at 22 lbs. This time of year (cold weather) is harder for me because since i dont have to wear shorts etc i get comfortable. I am very slowly losing, some weeks its like half a pound. I will be straight up and say im not 100% into it either but for the most part i do eat healthy and im glad im losing something vs gaining around the holidays!
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    SLOW??SLOW!!?? oh man id KILL for a little SLOW. instead i get NONE! after 21/2 months. needless to say, i quite. i still watch out for the fries and crap like that and try to make better choices. youde think id be healthier, but i feel axactly the same before i started- like ****. and i look the same too. i had a great attitude and all and i tried all different combos, nothing worked.. havnt lost inches, chins, or rolls.
  • Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm also losing slow, but it IS hard when you see all the challenges like that.
    Glad to see others are in the same boat, hope it keeps me motivated

I agree with you there, but I think with all the "challenges" ie. to lose 20 lbs in November, etc. that 1 pound a week IS considered slow...
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    49 LBS IN 12 MONTHS.

I WOULD LOVE TO BE ONE OF THOSE WHO LOSES BIG NUMBERS EACH WEEK BUT ITS NOT FOR ME IT SEEMS. I HAVE LEARNT MOST IMPORTANTLY IS TO LOOK BACK OVER THE WEEK AND ASK MYSELF CAN I CONTINUE TO LIVE THIS WAY FOREVER. IT HAS TO BE A LIFE CHANGE, SO IF SLOW IT HAS TO BE SO BE IT. NOW AND THEN I TRY TO BOOST IT BY HAVING A SUPER GOOD DAY OR GOING FOR A BIG CALORIE BURN. MOSTLY I TRY TO JUST KEEP GOING AND ENJOY THE PROCESS.

ALL THE BEST TO YOU. NOTHING WRONG WITH BIT BY BIT.

this is basically my story! I started this journey in January and have lost 43 pounds. It has come off slow but i have gone from a plus size 16 to a size 10 and am so much stronger! You can do this just keep at it, it will come off! :)
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am chosing to do this journey at a slow pace. I don't see what's the rush for. I can take time out to learn what reallly works for my body and what dosen't. It also makes it twice as rewarding when you have reached/noticed a small victory. I've also thought how'd I hate to loose 47 lbs in 5 monts and gain it all back in another 5 months.:flowerforyou:

Good Luck! I know it can be overwhelming seeing so many people's sucess of loosing 40 lbs in 4 monts, but you go at your own pace. Celebrate their goal weights with them and know tht you will eventually be sharing yours one day too.:wink:
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Not myself personally but I have a friend who lost 80+ lbs but it took a year. Just go at ur own pace. :)

That is a huge loss in a year....

My progress is slow I have lost 8 kilos (but lots of inches) since Feb this year, I have another 7 to go and hoping it does not take another year... but Ive being able to maintain it and also built up my fitness.
  • jaygee2772
    Options
    check out my topic on the message boards...three years ago and today...I have been on my journey for years. I lost tons of inches but the weight is so slow to come off. thats one reason why I joined MFP to try something new, I have hit set backs and got myself back on track before I lost it all. As long as its coming off and you feel good...that's whats important to me. Good Luck
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well... ten pounds in 5 months, is it enough slow?

Specially the last month I've lost half a pound!!!!

I have tried to increase calories, I changed my exercise, more cardio less weight lifting, I eat a lot of lean protein. I feel that I'm in a forever plateau. Tomorrow I'm having an appointment with a new endocrinologist to discuss all this.
    My boyfriend who eats what I cook, lost weight. I did not!
  • jimmacdonald
    jimmacdonald Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It is a life style change not a diet.

I have been on MFP since January, lost 10 inches off my waist. How great it is to fit into size 32. I have also lost LBS.

I am stuck right now hovering, but will continue to log every day, eat healthy, cardio exercise couple times a week.

Stick to it, stop cheating, drink lots of water, lots of water.

What is slow, took me many years to grow to my top weight of 265, took only 10 months to lose 65 lbs. Wow what a difference not having that to carry around.

Cheers
    Jim
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!