We Are....Penn State?

Options
millerll
millerll Posts: 873 Member
If you're a PSU fan, you're no doubt familiar with this deafening stadium rallying cry. One half of the stadium yells, "We Are...." and the other half answers "PENN STATE!".

I'm a PSU grad, and this story of Jerry Sandusky's alleged abuse of young boys is just heart-breaking. Penn State has always held itself above the shenanigans of most of the other college programs. JoePa always insists that his palyers keep their grades up, and he doesn't tolerate any buffoonery on the part of team members. He's benched players for reletively minor infractions, much to the chagrin of some of the fans.

And now to find that a former coach is an alleged pedophile, and that members of the PSU coaching staff may have known about it and didn't do enough to stop it, makes me feel ill. I can't stop agonizing over those poor kids.

This story is a huge blight on the entire PSU community, and could very well spell the end of JoePa's run as head coach. This will not end well...............

Replies

• MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I am one of many that feels that Paterno's retirement has been long overdue. A legendary coach that hasn't realized it is time to hang it up. I hope he doesn't have to go out like this.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    It's sad that this probably WILL be how Paterno goes out.
    This scandal is worse and quite frankly more disgusting and disturbing than anything the NCAA has investigated in my recent memory.
    The fact this was swept under the rug and nothing done.

For shame PSU, for shame.