for ladies with eating issues during that T.O.M...

Options
Does anyone adjust MFP caloric intake during that time when you want to eat everything in sight? I'm not saying it's "gaming the system".. just seems it could be a reasonable allowance with weight retention and an uphill battle for a week.

Believe me, I'm in this to lose. Yet, I could live with adjusting my goals from 1.5 pounds per week to only one. Especially if it means an extra dose of sanity during that Time Of Month.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I haven't been using MFP that long, but I just continued doing what I was doing. I just worked out A LOT to make up for wanting to eat everything under the sun, and ignored my scale.
  • danginar
    Options
    Years ago, when I was doing Weight Watchers, one of the speakers shared that she had the same issue. A trick that she used was when she was 'dying of hunger', she would heat up and force herself to eat her least favorite vegetable. In her case, it was green beans. She decided if she really was dying of hunger, then she wouldn't have any problem eating the green beans. If she didn't want to eat the green beans, then she really wasn't hungry. She said that it really helped her gauge her body better in understanding whether she was really hungry or if her hormones were in control. Worth a try!

I would also recommend really cutting back on your sodium during TOM...that might help your body shed some water during that time.

Good luck!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I have lost 60 pounds and when my inner fat girl wants to eat during TOM, I let that scary chick eat! Just dont make a habit of it any other time. It is all about balance my friend.