Pork chops recipe ideas

Options
I have some pork chops I want to cook up for dinner but am not sure how to prepare them. I usually use Shake and Bake but I'd rather skip all the calories and go for a healthier option. Ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• 3dinsv
    Options
    I spray some olive oil spray in a pan and brown them. Then, I place them in a glass pyrex dish with chicken broth and bake them for about 30 minutes at 350.
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I cut mine up and boil them until I can shred it with a fork, then simmer it in a can of salsa verde (green salsa)....makes the yummiest and easiest chile verde that I eat with a whole wheat tortilla. Adds up to about 220 calories for a serving and chocked full of protein. The salsa is pretty much carb free and very low calorie. It's only pitfall is sodium. Or you can use the same shredded pork and mix it with some bbq sauce and eat it in a whole wheat pita pocket for a homestyle version of a pulled pork sandwich. One of my favorite meals though, and I do usually use chicken or ground turkey but works just as well with shredded pork is to take a pita pocket put 1/4 c marinara (spaghetti sauce) on it...3 oz of the meat and 1 tblspn of grated parmesan/romano cheese blend, then broil it until the cheese is browned and the pita is crunchy. Great pizza substitute and completely balanced meal.
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish ladies
  • michele39204
    michele39204 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I pour dry ranch on mine and bake them.....ummm delicious