Has your favorite show been canceled?

Options
2»

Replies

• Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I liked the Nine too. Was mad when it just disappeared. I think that irritates me more than it being cancelled. When they are *poof* gone. I hate waiting for them to return and neve find them. I also don't like the dead Jim on Ghost Whisperer! I'm wondering where Samantha Who went? I hope it's not cancelled it was hilarious!

I just read on ABC.com that Samantha Who returns March 26th!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    well, they didn't cancel mine but they ruined it:sad: Ghost Whispererererer:laugh: :bigsmile: I was just tellin my sister I don't watch it anymore since they messed up the part of "cutie pie" hubby! Seems a stupid thing to do when they had to be making some big bucks on that show. Maybe not though. Just cause I liked it:) Oh well, there's still NCIS and the Mentalist:wink:

denise in OR

Yup, they jumped the shark with the whole possession thing! I'm still watching, but you know this will be the last season...

Others that I miss... Millenium, Farscape, Titus, Wonderfalls, Jericho, Brimstone, Sliders, Arrested Development, Firefly, American Gothic, Jeremiah, Point Pleasant.
  • Losing_It
    Options
    I heard that Day's of Our Lives may be canceled next year...:noway:

I can't imagine a world with no Days. I've watched it since I was knee high to a grasshopper (LOL dunno where that came from). I can remember my Mom, Grandma & Great Grandma watching it when I was little.:smile:
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Desperate Housewives!

Just kidding folks. Oh, if it ever got cancelled. I would be so :mad: and :explode: and :angry: and :sad: and :huh:

So, for now, I'm :happy: !!

140829.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

It's suppose to end in like 2011 or somewhere around there. But at least it has a planned ending and won't be canceled. That way we all know that the story was intended to be over. LOST's last season is either next year or the year after. I can't remember which.
  • Losing_It
    Options

It's suppose to end in like 2011 or somewhere around there. But at least it has a planned ending and won't be canceled. That way we all know that the story was intended to be over. LOST's last season is either next year or the year after. I can't remember which.

I just found this article online about DH!:sad:

Desperate Housewives: Creator Sets Series End Date

Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry has just signed a multi-year deal with ABC, locking him in to the dramatic comedy until May 2011. This four-year deal ensures that Cherry will helm the series through the series’ seventh season. What will happen to the Wisteria Lane residents after that? Nothing, if Cherry has his way.

Desperate Housewives debuted on October 3, 2004 and quickly became one of the breakout hits of the season. Over 21 million people watched the pilot episode making it the highest rated ABC pilot since Michael J. Fox’s Spin City eight years earlier. Starring Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, Eva Longoria and Nicollette Sheridan, the series centers around five suburban women and their families and friends in the fictional town of Fairview. The series got a bit off track creatively in its second season but the third (and current) season has seen Cherry resume a more active role. As a result, Desperate Housewives continues to be a staple of ABC’s Sunday night lineup, consistently garnering great ratings. And the network wants to keep it that way.

When ABC secured the Housewives creator with the estimated $15+ million deal, Cherry said, “The studio and the network and I all feel it’s best for me to stay glued to the set. I’ve got my ship, and I’m gonna run it.” If Cherry has his way this contract will also coincide with the end for series, saying, “I think that, at the end of my deal, and after seven seasons, it will be a good time to call it quits. I don’t want anyone else to run the show, and I don’t want us to fade away.” He acknowledged that network executives may not share his vision but says he’s serious in his intent to finish the series after seven years. “I don’t want to overstay my welcome.”

Not surprised by Cherry’s feelings, ABC Television Studio President Mark Pedowitz said “He has always said he sees this as a seven-year show, but nobody’s made any determinations that it will end after seven years. We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.” Pedowitz also acknowledges that it would be difficult to continue Housewives without its creator and says that the show is an enormous asset. “It would be silly to do something without Marc Cherry involved.”

On top of that, ABC has also reportedly negotiated contracts with all of the key Desperate Housewives actors to keep them on the show until 2011 as well. If ABC wanted to try to extend the series past season seven, it would ultimately be a very expensive move. Of course there’s no guarantee that the show will last until 2011 but still, I think it’s pretty safe for Bree to start planning the wrap party.