What happens after MFP

Options
2»

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    You can have more calories on when just trying to maintain than you can when trying to lose. If you're set for say losing a lb a week, that means you can have about 500 calories more per day once you reach your goal weight.

You won't be able to go back to your old eating habits once you reach your target...or you'll go back to your old weight as well.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    You can have more calories on when just trying to maintain than you can when trying to lose. If you're set for say losing a lb a week, that means you can have about 500 calories more per day once you reach your goal weight.

You won't be able to go back to your old eating habits once you reach your target...or you'll go back to your old weight as well.

I've been here two years.

I can testify that this is truth. I've tried twice now to maintain w/o MFP and it hasn't worked. Until I can do that, I'll use MFP to keep me accountable and get back to what works. It's a free Rx as far as I'm concerned.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    As another member said, that's likely water. Women retain a ton of water. But the fact is, when we eat a low calorie diet, we tend to gain weight after the initial loss. That's when we need to add calories --- like you did. Low calories only work for so long. You might want to buy the ebook, "Feed the Muscle, Burn the Fat by Tom Ventura. Or maybe it's the other way around. Anyway, google it. It's a terrific book about how to lose fat and, at the same time, feed the muscle.

Above all else, don't get discouraged. It's normal to put on a few pounds at times when you're female. It's not fair. But that's the way it is. I suggest you drink a lot of water and some green tea if you have it or can get it. Do some cardio but don't forget strength exercises.

You'll do fine.
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Water weight! It never fails that whenever I have pizza I see as much as a 3-4 pound jump on the scale for a day or two. The first time it happened I was crushed but once I saw that this was a pattern for me with certain foods I don't let it bother me. I know that I will have to count calories for the rest of my life if I don't want to go back to being morbidly obese.
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I usually don't track sodium so I went back and changed my settings and :noway: Wholey SALT!
    I believe I've gained some water weight.
    I'm back on track now and we will see. I guess I was a little PO'd after my weigh in this morning :explode:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I weigh about three pounds less in the morning than I do in the evening. Does that mean I gain three pounds of fat every day, and lose it every night in my sleep? No. It just means that two or three pounds is nothing to worry about.