30 day shred

Options
hello. Just wondering if anyone has done 30ds with out weights? I don't have weights at home (except the bfs massive ones) and was wondering if it's still effective without weights as I wanna start it tonight after work :happy:

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I did it for the first two weeks without weights - and it was a really really good workout. I'd say if you aren't doing anything weight bearing right now its probably great to start with.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I am doing it but with weights, you wont get the same effect without them.....but if you dont have weight grab something in your cabinets like a can of food or bag of food that weights a 2-3 lbs and start there until you can get some hand weights
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I have lol. I tried doing it with the only weights I could find which were 10 pounds and REALLY hurt my elbow joints. It was effective anyway. A few times I just used one and held it with both hands.
  • merrick7871
    Options
    I keep seeing posts about the 30 day shred. What is it?
  • JoBfit4life
    Options
    You could use small bottles of water as weights.
  • Gidge2222
    Options
    You should use weights. It really helps to burn calories. You can purchase inexpensive ones at Target or Walmart. Good luck!!
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Sure ... it's better than not doing it at all .. and when you are ready for weights .. use soup cans or something that you can hold .. they work just as well. Good luck!! It's a great workout!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY
  • Janlynn1950
    Options
    If you don't have weights, you can use 2 bottles of water for weight or use canned goods.
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options

It's a exercise DVD. I heard great things about it on this forum. People losing 5+ inchs in 30 days. It's meant to be hard work. DVD I bought from amazon was really cheap too. As I haven't personally Done the DVD yet can't really say what it is like
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    do you have 'Play it again sports' where you live? can get some 2nd hand weights to try them out.
    without weights is better than nothing

shred it!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    A lot of people use canned food or water bottles. I just bought two 3lb hand weights at Target this weekend, they're not too expensive, I spent less than $10.