Holiday Eating..Plan A..or Plan B?? What are you doing??

Options

Replies

• nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    My plan is to relax and enjoy the holidays, but not go over board. I plan to only have a small spoon of each thing, and have a piece of pie/cake, but not go crazy. I'm setting limits but making sure i can enjoy the holiday. Doing this for thanksgiving and xmas days.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    We don't "Go all out" for Thanksgiving around here. For the family, I make a boneless Turkey, stuffing, one vegetable, rolls and usually an apple pie or rhubarb dessert. Same with Christmas. So, business as usual.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of going with your plan A. I have come to the realization that the holidays doesn't mean eating nonstop from Halloween to New Years-lol. I figure if I stick to the plan, exercise, track my calories daily then I can enjoy thanksgiving and Christmas and a couple of other special occasions without guilt. On those days I'm sure I'll go over my calories but nothing like I would have before. Good luck with your plan.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I plan to still log (as best I can) and I am going to coordinate it so that my day off from the gym and exercising is Thanksgiving day. Since the gym isn't open that day anyway, it's a good day to have off. That way I can still go all out the other days and not feel guilty about having a piece of pumpkin pie, pecan pie, or both!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat a ton on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas. That's my whole plan. It's not a few days of gluttony that ruins a diet over the holidays, it's that extra cookie or whateveryoyu eat every other day for three months because everybody is baking and serving yummy special things.
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    this year i decided that i am only going to eat the stuff that comes on turkey day. Stuff like cookies mashed potates stuffing and cakes and stuff that can be made any time of year i am not going to eat. also, i planned on working out before i eat on thanks giving for one when i work out im not as hungry and it will give me more of a leeway to eat more cheesy potatoes :smile: i am going to log in my food because im curious to see how many calories everything i eat on thanksgiving is. Im sure either way that you choose will be great.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Plan A, but log it as best I can. I'm too anal to not log a day. And get in a killer workout in the morning to offset some of it.
    But heck yeah, bring on the turkey and pumpkin pie!
  • shaycg21
    Options
    I am doing plan A with a twist. We have big meals at both our parents homes so I am also making some items I know will be "safer' for me to eat. Also my third day will be the Saturday after Thanksgiving because it is our annual day we go to get the Christmas trees and we eat out two meals. I will be good but it is hard when eating 2 maybe 3 meals in a restaurant.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Portion size.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    C! I will be on a week long cruise, so my Thanksgiving is a week long, not just a day............ I won't be logging at all that week. Going to enjoy my vacation and the food that goes along with it, but will try not to go overboard (pun intended). Also plan to visit the gym daily.
  • cptnjck0209
    cptnjck0209 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Plan A - but with very accurate logging (god bless the phone app) so that I can try to make up for it on other days =D
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I am just going to do what I did last time around the holidays. eat what I want in moderation, excercise, not stress over it. to me the holidays is just another day in the year. business as usual. I did fine. lost around 15 lbs. co-workers, family and friends some maintained, most gained.
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I hadn't developed a plan yet. I should probably do that though!!! I am thinking a combination of several things: 1. Eat in portion 2. Exercise (the day before since gym is closed on the holidays) 3. Focus on my seasonal favorites instead of every little thing that passes in front of me 4. Log it, and be guiltless about any overages.
    Indulging on the holidays didn't get me these extra 30lbs! :p Aside from that, I don't want to take away from enjoying my family, because I am worried about my food. I am going to be right back at it the very next day, so no worries. This plan will be applied on T-day, Christmas day (mildly Christmas Eve), and New Years Eve.
    I plan on enjoying the most important part of any holiday without anything interferring: My wonderful family!!! :D
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Definately moderation. I am going to make sure I still workout on those mornings and watch what I eat. If I have a cookie I am not going to freak out about it but I will not continue eating poorly. One day can end up being an excuse to overeat all week and I definately do not want to do that. I am a little nervous this year because we are going away for two weeks at Christmas so I am not going to be the one cooking so I am really going to have to step up the fitness and just watch my portions. It can work just requires added discipline I think!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    For me, I'd go with A. As long as there isn't my fav foods around (which my family doesn't know how to make), I'm pretty safe. Please don't make any eggrolls (this they can make).
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Logging every day that I can. Not logging Thanksgiving or Christmas. I'll not fit into my clothes any longer and stay at my goal weight range if I don't log the next few months. I'll undo the 9 months it took me to get to my goal.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a spike day on the holiday. I'll still log it. I log EVERY day. Why not log it, even if you over eat log it. It's a habit, and if you don't keep doing it not logging could become your habit.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Logging as best I can and will probably go over Thanksgiving and definitely Christmas, these will be guilt free and I'll work out like I normally do, I'm not going to go crazy and I'm also not going to stress over it either.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I will move my weekly spike day to Thanksgiving day and Christmas day and will eat to my hearts content.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    definitely A with some portion control/moderation and exercise. I wouldn't change my whole plan for a day or two of eating a little over. Plus exercise and a few "low" days before and after would help offset it a little.