Sciatica B-Gone

Options
In July through part of August, I lost a full month and a half to pain, loss of work, physical therapy, medication haze, and practical medical apathy. I swore to myself that would never happen again and began to try to moderate, investigate, and resource my diet. One night in late August, as I finished up an evening on the piano where I play in a bar/restaurant, a young couple who had been watching me for some time, began a conversation. She was a exercise trainer and he a salesman. She suggest some weight loss shots of some kind of hormonal derivative AND, of all things, myfitnesspal.com. I checked out both suggestions the next Sunday, dumped the hormone shots idea, and began myfitnesspal.com. To date by my scale, I have lost over 65 lbs. Today is November 7. I began my whole process at the very end of June, when instead of playing piano on a Saturday night, I went to emergency for the pain I was in from sciatica. I'm feeling great. Thanks, Pal. You truly have proven yourself a real boon.

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    This is a great tool, I am glad you have been able to find success.
  • shaycg21
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • okrockon
    Options
    That's awesome. I had a L5 S1 microdiscectemy last February. I slipped a disc and had horrible sciatica that brought me to the ER. It's embarrassing that the major reason for it was my weight. Joined MFP, down over 50 lbs now and my back feels a lot better. It is so hard on the spine and the muscles of the back to work overtime supporting a ton of extra weight from the front. If you're reading this with a hurt back and a lot of excess weight, stick to your diet and slim down. Your body will thank you so much. Glad you're feeling better, OP!
  • smv123abc
    smv123abc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Two friends from work suggested MFP. One who just turned 50 has had a lot of back problems and was told she was diabetic! She has lost 41 pounds and one who wanted to look great for her daughters wedding and did! I have a lot of sciatica too so hoping the will help! It is so inspiring for me to just look at how many pounds so many people have lost.....if must be possible!:smile::smile::smile:
  • ifrog3n1
    ifrog3n1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I so understand the pain. I have suffered from arthritis, sciatica, lower back pain, etc. I knew that if i got the weight off, the pain wouldn't be so bad. I finally found a dr. who would listen to me.The one i had seen before that kept telling me i needed a "lifestyle change". Well, if the pain could be controlled a bit, i could achieve a lifestyle change. The proof is in the fat-free pudding. =) I've lost a total of 47 pounds with the last 16 being with the help of MFP.

Congrats on the progress & glad you are here.
    <><
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!